ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Diar Send a message via MSN to Diar
Hello from me the new memeber

Hi Everyone,

Just found this site. Recently split up from a relationship, so looking to get some air and see the world. Just got back from Cuba, amazing place i would recomend it. Now looking for idea's of where else to go for a year or two. Really don't fancy the states, anyone done Australia or Latin America? Would like to here your views on these places.

Looking to set off in about June, July after I have all my things sorted here in the UK.

Anyways feel free to drop a line to chat.

Richy.

Diar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 AM   #2

Re: Hello from me the new memeber

Hi Richy,

I'm new to this site too! I'm from the States but I live in Australia now with my husband, who I met in the UK. Funny - I started travelling after ending a relationship too! Personally, I would really like to go to Latin America. I've been learning Spanish for 8 years and would like a chance to really practice. Plus, I think being in an entirely foreign culture would be a good thing after a breakup ... gives your mind lots of things to think about. Australia is fantastic, but wouldn't be as extreme of a change.

Hope to see you around the site.

squash6462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
Administrator
ITYT Cabin Crew

I am living in Southern Brazil right now and the country is amazing. Last fall I was living in Buenos Aires and that is an excellent choice. It is such an urban city with wonerful dining, people and cost of living is so low (one of the lowest in the world. I would highly recommend Buenos Aires. If you need any info about there, let me know. They have great apartments (for cheap) with cable TV (some english channels) and highspeed internet. You can take a Vonage phone so calls to/from the States are FREE and you don't even feel like you are half way across the world....
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Diar Send a message via MSN to Diar

Thanks, for the response will take a look at Latin America. Found a really good holiday company, that deals with everything I am looking for which is cool.

Really starting to get excited about it, just have to get rid of my houses now.

Thanks,

Richy.
Diar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diar
Hi Everyone,

Just found this site. Recently split up from a relationship, so looking to get some air and see the world. Just got back from Cuba, amazing place i would recomend it. Now looking for idea's of where else to go for a year or two. Really don't fancy the states, anyone done Australia or Latin America? Would like to here your views on these places.

Looking to set off in about June, July after I have all my things sorted here in the UK.

Anyways feel free to drop a line to chat.

Richy.

Try Thailand. It's cheap to live there. Has modern malls, cheap accomodatiion, cheap restaurants, cheap transportation, etc. Pick up a Lonely Planet TG and take a look through it! You get a free 30 day entry permit at the airport, no prior Visa required. If you like the country you can go for a longer visa when you return.

Good luck.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote