ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2002, 04:45 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

Airlines Told to Shut Special Lines

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Airlines no longer can speed frequent fliers through special lines at security checkpoints.

In one of its first acts since taking over responsibility for airline security on Sunday, the Transportation Security Administration said it was ending airlines' efforts to allow certain passengers, primarily frequent flier and those paying first-class or business-class fares, to avoid lengthy waits.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's the very frequent fliers that support the entire industry.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:45 PM   #2
ITYT Captain

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Airlines no longer can speed frequent fliers through special lines at security checkpoints.

In one of its first acts since taking over responsibility for airline security on Sunday, the Transportation Security Administration said it was ending airlines' efforts to allow certain passengers, primarily frequent flier and those paying first-class or business-class fares, to avoid lengthy waits.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's the very frequent fliers that support the entire industry.

Old 02-20-2002, 06:00 PM   #3

Now that the federal government, led by "Moron" Minetta is in charge of security, we will be saying stupid, stupid, stupid even more.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Government, at ANY level, is incapable of performing a task as well as and less expensive than a private company can.
CameraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 06:00 PM   #4

Now that the federal government, led by "Moron" Minetta is in charge of security, we will be saying stupid, stupid, stupid even more.

Government, at ANY level, is incapable of performing a task as well as and less expensive than a private company can.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:49 PM   #5
ITYT Navigator

US gov't clarifies order on airlines' VIP lines

Quote:
Premium business and frequent fliers will still get through security checks faster at many airports after the government clarified an order eliminating VIP service at screening checkpoints.

The Transportation Security Administration, which took over responsibility for passenger and baggage screening from the industry this week, reaffirmed that airlines still control passenger lines and can structure them as they want so long as the flow to security checkpoints is not disrupted.
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
ITYT Navigator

Quote:
Premium business and frequent fliers will still get through security checks faster at many airports after the government clarified an order eliminating VIP service at screening checkpoints.

The Transportation Security Administration, which took over responsibility for passenger and baggage screening from the industry this week, reaffirmed that airlines still control passenger lines and can structure them as they want so long as the flow to security checkpoints is not disrupted.
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:48 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to SemiElite
Quote:

CameraGuy, ya sound like one of those radical Libertarians!
SemiElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:48 PM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to SemiElite
Quote:

CameraGuy, ya sound like one of those radical Libertarians!
SemiElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 02:29 AM   #9
ITYT Captain

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Premium business and frequent fliers will still get through security checks faster at many airports after the government clarified an order eliminating VIP service at screening checkpoints.

So... they changed their position.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:29 AM   #10
ITYT Captain

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Premium business and frequent fliers will still get through security checks faster at many airports after the government clarified an order eliminating VIP service at screening checkpoints.

So... they changed their position.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:10 PM   #11

SemiElite,

I am VERY anti-government, VERY fiscally conservative, but pro-choice.

I don't consider myself a Libertarian or Republican, maybe a hybrid. One thing I am NOT, and NEVER, EVER will be, is a Democrat.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:10 PM   #12

SemiElite,

I am VERY anti-government, VERY fiscally conservative, but pro-choice.

I don't consider myself a Libertarian or Republican, maybe a hybrid. One thing I am NOT, and NEVER, EVER will be, is a Democrat.