ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2002, 11:43 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

Frequent hassles confront today's fliers

Quote:
In Corpus Christi, Texas, police haul a frustrated passenger from the airport to the county jail. In Philadelphia, a traveler rushing for her flight triggers the evacuation of two airport terminals. At a ticket counter in Indianapolis, a man with a Moroccan passport raises suspicions for the second time in a week. And in Miami, an electrician discovers live ammunition in a flight crew's break room. All in a single day.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
ITYT Captain

Quote:
In Corpus Christi, Texas, police haul a frustrated passenger from the airport to the county jail. In Philadelphia, a traveler rushing for her flight triggers the evacuation of two airport terminals. At a ticket counter in Indianapolis, a man with a Moroccan passport raises suspicions for the second time in a week. And in Miami, an electrician discovers live ammunition in a flight crew's break room. All in a single day.

Old 04-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
ITYT Captain

The two best stories:

Quote:
During passenger screening at a security checkpoint, a screener sees "a suspicious item on the X-ray monitor," the incident report says. The backpack of an 18-year-old passenger is searched and screeners discover a Delta Air Lines life vest. The passenger "apparently stole the life vest from (Delta) on an earlier flight." Authorities confiscate the vest and local police interview the teen. Delta declines to file a complaint and authorities decide not to pursue criminal charges. But the pilot of the flight does not want to fly the teen and his family "because of recent warnings that al-Qaeda members might attempt to steal life vests." The family is re-booked on another Delta flight.
This seems to happen quite a bit. I wonder what he'd feel like if the DL jet crashed over water and a pax was left without a life vest.

Quote:
During a hand-wand screening at the boarding gate, a passenger says, "If I have to go through this at every airport, I am going to kill someone." Continental Airlines denies the passenger boarding. He is arrested by airport police, charged with making terrorist threats and taken to county jail.
I can relate to that one!
Old 04-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #4
ITYT Captain

The two best stories:

Quote:
During passenger screening at a security checkpoint, a screener sees "a suspicious item on the X-ray monitor," the incident report says. The backpack of an 18-year-old passenger is searched and screeners discover a Delta Air Lines life vest. The passenger "apparently stole the life vest from (Delta) on an earlier flight." Authorities confiscate the vest and local police interview the teen. Delta declines to file a complaint and authorities decide not to pursue criminal charges. But the pilot of the flight does not want to fly the teen and his family "because of recent warnings that al-Qaeda members might attempt to steal life vests." The family is re-booked on another Delta flight.
This seems to happen quite a bit. I wonder what he'd feel like if the DL jet crashed over water and a pax was left without a life vest.

Quote:
During a hand-wand screening at the boarding gate, a passenger says, "If I have to go through this at every airport, I am going to kill someone." Continental Airlines denies the passenger boarding. He is arrested by airport police, charged with making terrorist threats and taken to county jail.
I can relate to that one!