ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Trip Reports
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
ITYT Navigator

1/9-1/11 IAH-MSY-IAH

Due to a late night out, i arrive a little later to the airport then i had planned on. But, the reason that i had wanted to arrrive early for, because dbaker wanted me to take pictures of all of iah i could get to, was unfortunately subverted due to a missing cf card, (why cant i live in japan where they have those throw-away digital cameras?) so i guess i will have to due it at a later date.

The terminal was remarkably empty compared to how I normally see it. I got my ticket from the e>service machine and procced to security expecting the normal bag search because off all the electronics i was carrying, phone and charger, camera and charger, rim, one battery, electric razor, and an electic toothbrush, but it didnt happen, in fact they didnt even check my id at the security checkpoint (for that matter neither at the e>service machine or the gate when i walked up to check first, which was full,and had a list of about 30+ on standby) even thought i did offer it, i hoped that they were not as tired as i was and that is why they were slacking. I passed the p-club on the way to my gate, which of course was the last one, took a look at my watch, compared it to the boarding time, searched for my Platinum card, which was a fresh one due to the fact that i had lost my card somewhere in the office, and decided that it wasnt worth it considering that i would mostl ikely fall asleep and miss my flight.

I also passed the currency exchange and that made me wonder if leto had ever paid my back the icelandic kroner that i had asked him to exchange for me (because no where around here will take it), but i couldnt remember. While i was waiting an alarm went off, and i was expecting some kind of delta force to storm the halls of the terminal, but instead a rather portly security woman slowly ambled up to the region that the sound was coming from, and turned it off. The gate next to me deplained, and there had to be only 30 to 50 people on it, with over half of them in a group that was on their way to austin. The people around me were loud talkers(why do people naturally assume that you must talk loud on cell phones), but luckly i didnt have to wait long.

I walked up to the gate just a moment before they started to call boarding, but this time i didnt stand in line first due to the "random" security check that they always seem to have on the firdt person. A business man blatently cut in front of me, becuase i was the the young one in the crowd, but he got snagged for noy being elite, so ha, and he had to board after me. The coveted 12 first class seats were not taken yet, but i didnt expect to get one. I took my bulk head seat. The cutter boarded a minute or two later, and turned away when he saw me. I prepared for a short nap on the quick flight.

tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #2
ITYT Navigator

1/9-1/11 IAH-MSY-IAH

Due to a late night out, i arrive a little later to the airport then i had planned on. But, the reason that i had wanted to arrrive early for, because dbaker wanted me to take pictures of all of iah i could get to, was unfortunately subverted due to a missing cf card, (why cant i live in japan where they have those throw-away digital cameras?) so i guess i will have to due it at a later date.

The terminal was remarkably empty compared to how I normally see it. I got my ticket from the e>service machine and procced to security expecting the normal bag search because off all the electronics i was carrying, phone and charger, camera and charger, rim, one battery, electric razor, and an electic toothbrush, but it didnt happen, in fact they didnt even check my id at the security checkpoint (for that matter neither at the e>service machine or the gate when i walked up to check first, which was full,and had a list of about 30+ on standby) even thought i did offer it, i hoped that they were not as tired as i was and that is why they were slacking. I passed the p-club on the way to my gate, which of course was the last one, took a look at my watch, compared it to the boarding time, searched for my Platinum card, which was a fresh one due to the fact that i had lost my card somewhere in the office, and decided that it wasnt worth it considering that i would mostl ikely fall asleep and miss my flight.

I also passed the currency exchange and that made me wonder if leto had ever paid my back the icelandic kroner that i had asked him to exchange for me (because no where around here will take it), but i couldnt remember. While i was waiting an alarm went off, and i was expecting some kind of delta force to storm the halls of the terminal, but instead a rather portly security woman slowly ambled up to the region that the sound was coming from, and turned it off. The gate next to me deplained, and there had to be only 30 to 50 people on it, with over half of them in a group that was on their way to austin. The people around me were loud talkers(why do people naturally assume that you must talk loud on cell phones), but luckly i didnt have to wait long.

I walked up to the gate just a moment before they started to call boarding, but this time i didnt stand in line first due to the "random" security check that they always seem to have on the firdt person. A business man blatently cut in front of me, becuase i was the the young one in the crowd, but he got snagged for noy being elite, so ha, and he had to board after me. The coveted 12 first class seats were not taken yet, but i didnt expect to get one. I took my bulk head seat. The cutter boarded a minute or two later, and turned away when he saw me. I prepared for a short nap on the quick flight.

Old 01-09-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
ITYT Navigator

Continental was up to its normal trickery by departing from the gate early, late taking off, landing a few minutes early, and being late to the gate by a minute or two. MSY was in the same state of delapidation that it nomally is in, it's amazing if how you are in a suit, and I was also was borrowing my friends metal sampsonite brief case (cause i was thinking about buying one and i wanted to see how it would feel), that it feels like i practicly own that place. My seatmate, who i didnt say a word to, cause i slept through taxi, take off, the entire flight, and landing, woke me up, and then when he saw my phone the Sanyo 6000, ask me what kind it was, but other than that nothing exciting happened.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:18 PM   #4
ITYT Navigator

Continental was up to its normal trickery by departing from the gate early, late taking off, landing a few minutes early, and being late to the gate by a minute or two. MSY was in the same state of delapidation that it nomally is in, it's amazing if how you are in a suit, and I was also was borrowing my friends metal sampsonite brief case (cause i was thinking about buying one and i wanted to see how it would feel), that it feels like i practicly own that place. My seatmate, who i didnt say a word to, cause i slept through taxi, take off, the entire flight, and landing, woke me up, and then when he saw my phone the Sanyo 6000, ask me what kind it was, but other than that nothing exciting happened.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:28 PM   #5
ITYT Navigator

You dont leave from new orleans, you escape. It tempts you to stay by making the bar right down the road that your friend is a regular at, suddenly have an mtv casting call for marti gras, while you are just relaxing. Then it puts youon borboun, with "all those things" that typically happen on bourbon. But i made it out alive, bearly.

NOIA, new orleans international airport (thats the fake name, like ABIA for AUS) has a very cold floor, i know because my feet were on it. There were no hastles getting through the terminal, only inconviences, like the get2net machines, they have free internet, but only 2 out of the 10 that i saw worked, and they didnt work to good. Luckly the pizza place on the inside of the x-ray machine took credit cards, unlike in IAH where every fast food place is cash, and the atm's are hidden(the reason i went to the one past the check point is because i dont like having my pizza x-rayed). I grabed a slice and tride to check ityt, but the internet kiosk was having a coniption, and kept kicking me off, so i gaveup. When boarding was called, more than 1/4 of the people got on during the fc/elite boarding time. I, of course, was next to someone who spilled into my seat, and the plane was packed, so even thoght it was annoying, i didnt care because i couldnt do anything about it. I typed up my trip report on my rim, closed my eyes, and tried to sleep.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
ITYT Navigator

You dont leave from new orleans, you escape. It tempts you to stay by making the bar right down the road that your friend is a regular at, suddenly have an mtv casting call for marti gras, while you are just relaxing. Then it puts youon borboun, with "all those things" that typically happen on bourbon. But i made it out alive, bearly.

NOIA, new orleans international airport (thats the fake name, like ABIA for AUS) has a very cold floor, i know because my feet were on it. There were no hastles getting through the terminal, only inconviences, like the get2net machines, they have free internet, but only 2 out of the 10 that i saw worked, and they didnt work to good. Luckly the pizza place on the inside of the x-ray machine took credit cards, unlike in IAH where every fast food place is cash, and the atm's are hidden(the reason i went to the one past the check point is because i dont like having my pizza x-rayed). I grabed a slice and tride to check ityt, but the internet kiosk was having a coniption, and kept kicking me off, so i gaveup. When boarding was called, more than 1/4 of the people got on during the fc/elite boarding time. I, of course, was next to someone who spilled into my seat, and the plane was packed, so even thoght it was annoying, i didnt care because i couldnt do anything about it. I typed up my trip report on my rim, closed my eyes, and tried to sleep.