ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Trip Reports
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #1

No status sucks. US check-in line had at least 30+ where the elite check-in had none, thought about giving them my AA plat card...but thought that would make me an idiot. Finally Checked-in after 30 mins good thing that i got to the airport at 10am for a 1:40PM flight [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Security line was not that bad....but for some reason, the thing loved to went off on me, they frisked me 3 times...and the lady asked three times if my watch is a legit watch.

Got out of Security Line in about 20 mins...still plenty of time for the flight home... found a very nice lounge area and relaxed there till 11:30am...and ate some fastfood chinese,had my first Krispy Krem, it wasn't that bad [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I arrived at the gate about 1pm...the gate was like a zoo...everyone was flooding the gate area...kids were crying,ppl were arguing...it was just a mess....it was interesting that US gate agents did not say anything to the crowds about flooding the gate.

Got on board about 1:30pm...the FA asked a gentlemen who's sitting in aisle in my row to move because there are going to be a kid and his mom here...i was like uh oh. Mom and the kid came...the mom can't be more than 20,she was very polite however, she left the kid in the middle seat and explained that she can't leave her kid in the aisle or he'll run off.

After take-off this kid went nuts, he started kicking me, hitting him with his little fists...i thought he was very cute...the mom was amazed that I wasn't mad at all....well i was just sleepy, so i slept while the kid kept hitting and kicking me....then finally when i woke up...he fell asleep...

I have experienced one of the best if not THE BEST landing ever. You can barely feel the tires touching down...even though it's a A319...i have been on rough landings on A319s before on NW and let me tell you...this pilot just hit it right at the right time.

Waited for at least 40 min for my luggage...the belt didn't move at all!, finally when it did. my luggage showed up quiet quickly.

Flying US again Monday in 7:50am..i hope no kid will be kicking me

afang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #2

No status sucks. US check-in line had at least 30+ where the elite check-in had none, thought about giving them my AA plat card...but thought that would make me an idiot. Finally Checked-in after 30 mins good thing that i got to the airport at 10am for a 1:40PM flight [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Security line was not that bad....but for some reason, the thing loved to went off on me, they frisked me 3 times...and the lady asked three times if my watch is a legit watch.

Got out of Security Line in about 20 mins...still plenty of time for the flight home... found a very nice lounge area and relaxed there till 11:30am...and ate some fastfood chinese,had my first Krispy Krem, it wasn't that bad [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I arrived at the gate about 1pm...the gate was like a zoo...everyone was flooding the gate area...kids were crying,ppl were arguing...it was just a mess....it was interesting that US gate agents did not say anything to the crowds about flooding the gate.

Got on board about 1:30pm...the FA asked a gentlemen who's sitting in aisle in my row to move because there are going to be a kid and his mom here...i was like uh oh. Mom and the kid came...the mom can't be more than 20,she was very polite however, she left the kid in the middle seat and explained that she can't leave her kid in the aisle or he'll run off.

After take-off this kid went nuts, he started kicking me, hitting him with his little fists...i thought he was very cute...the mom was amazed that I wasn't mad at all....well i was just sleepy, so i slept while the kid kept hitting and kicking me....then finally when i woke up...he fell asleep...

I have experienced one of the best if not THE BEST landing ever. You can barely feel the tires touching down...even though it's a A319...i have been on rough landings on A319s before on NW and let me tell you...this pilot just hit it right at the right time.

Waited for at least 40 min for my luggage...the belt didn't move at all!, finally when it did. my luggage showed up quiet quickly.

Flying US again Monday in 7:50am..i hope no kid will be kicking me

afang is offline   Reply With Quote