ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Trip Reports
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2001, 11:52 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

9/28/2001-9/30/2001

Security in AUS was without incident. Although most airlines are suggesting arriving at airports two hours before departure, I arrived at AUS <45min before my flight was scheduled to depart and had no trouble making it through security with time to spare in the Presidents Club. It's noteworthy that the ticket agents that usually only skim my ID looked at my passport for ~10 seconds before printing my boarding passes. The security agents were similarly cautious.

My ID was checked thoroughly by the gate agents when departing AUS and connecting IAH.

I opened my napkin during dinner on my IAH-ATL flight and noticed the usual Continental-branded flatware spoon and fork, although there was a flimsy plastic knife.

All the e>service machines were open when I arrived at ATL at 3pm on Sunday the 30th, two hours before my flight. I checked in, was upgraded, and proceeded to security. Security at ATL was a much longer process. I waited in line for about ten minutes for my ID to be checked and matched with my boarding pass and then waited in line for about half an hour to go through security. The line that I was in was only about twenty people deep; the problem was that the guy behind the x-ray machine would stop it and stare for about a minute per bag. That said, I'm not sure that his staring was all that effective. I had no metal on my person, although the metal detector alarmed as I walked through and I was searched by hand.

My ID was checked thoroughly by the gate agents when entering the Presidents Club in ATL, when departing ATL, and connecting IAH.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 11:52 PM   #2
ITYT Captain

9/28/2001-9/30/2001

Security in AUS was without incident. Although most airlines are suggesting arriving at airports two hours before departure, I arrived at AUS <45min before my flight was scheduled to depart and had no trouble making it through security with time to spare in the Presidents Club. It's noteworthy that the ticket agents that usually only skim my ID looked at my passport for ~10 seconds before printing my boarding passes. The security agents were similarly cautious.

My ID was checked thoroughly by the gate agents when departing AUS and connecting IAH.

I opened my napkin during dinner on my IAH-ATL flight and noticed the usual Continental-branded flatware spoon and fork, although there was a flimsy plastic knife.

All the e>service machines were open when I arrived at ATL at 3pm on Sunday the 30th, two hours before my flight. I checked in, was upgraded, and proceeded to security. Security at ATL was a much longer process. I waited in line for about ten minutes for my ID to be checked and matched with my boarding pass and then waited in line for about half an hour to go through security. The line that I was in was only about twenty people deep; the problem was that the guy behind the x-ray machine would stop it and stare for about a minute per bag. That said, I'm not sure that his staring was all that effective. I had no metal on my person, although the metal detector alarmed as I walked through and I was searched by hand.

My ID was checked thoroughly by the gate agents when entering the Presidents Club in ATL, when departing ATL, and connecting IAH.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote