ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Potpourri
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #1

Do you feel safe when you travel?

My name is Ring Bearer and I am new to this chat room. My experiences traveling have mostly been great ones: except one. While romping in the ocean in the Caribbean I noticed that I had lost my wedding rings! You can imagine how upset I was! It affected me so much that I have created a way for people to feel safe about their valued and cherished rings. Visit www.timelessweddingrings.com now and feel safer the next time you travel!
Sincerely

ring bearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #2

Generally, I feel safe. I don't like rich so I don't think I'll be mugged anytime. Anyway, I never bring expensive things except for my digital camera and mobile phone. I never bring loads of cash - I usually bring my credit card and ATM.

Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
ITYT Cabin Crew

I feel safe because I take the right safety precautions when I travel. I don't carry a lot of cash and I make sure to keep close tabs on any luggage I take.
Continent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
ITYT Cabin Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconpascua View Post
Being safe while traveling depends on how you intend to keep yourself really "safe". What I mean by this is that we can never really tell what's is going to happen if we go there or if we do this, etc...See, that is why numerous travel guides and tips are now widely available on the Internet for these provide us travelers the info we need to keep us safe in our travels.

As for my Marrakech travels, so far I haven't yet experienced any hassle or threat to my safety.
I agree. You can't really tell what's going to happen. You don't even know what's going to happen to you when you step out of your house.
Continent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #5

Do you feel safe when you travel?

Hey,

Yes I certainly agree with you, your question is right...!!

Thank you very much for giving me right suggestions, Suggestions really interesting & informatics.. All are very helpful to me..

Thanks Again,,

frenrique,
Icmeler Hotels
frenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #6

Well I generally feel safe when travelling but I make sure to study first where I am going and whats not to bring and whats the proper attire should be. I want to blend in the crowd and not look like a lost tourist.

I don't carry much cash and just bring a couple of international credit cards and atms. I also pack try to pack light as much as possible. I bring my cell phone with me so I can make calls in case I need to, together with my Onesuite prepaid calling card which has a voip feature now makes me feel safer because I can make calls overseas anytime I wanted too without having to worry about looking for prepaid calling card or pay unjustifiable prices.

I have one question though for the thread starter, first the link isn't working anymore and maybe the url has been change so whats the new url, secondly I don't see the relevance of going to the website to get a new wedding ring or whatever if you lose your wedding ring already. You can never replace the sentimental value of your wedding ring.
joshuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #7

Ring bearer care to make a follow up on your post?
honeylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #8

If we talk about safety you can not know what's going to happen. I feel safe always everywhere except countries that are well known for terrorism action.
vipholidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #9

what i do whenever i travel by an airplane, i set my mind that it's going to be a safe trip. and i pray before the airplane leave.
ckruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 AM   #10

I really try not to wear any jewelry(the really expensive and well,, invaluable ones that if lost will crush the life out of me) when on a trip, just to be on the safe side (and to discourage anybody who'd like to rob from me)
sillypepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #11

i usually do feel pretty safe, My only problem is that I dont like to travel alone.
TravelinCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #12

even tho we had that airplane crash in to the world trade cent i am not scared to still fly
JobMatchNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #13
ITYT Cabin Crew

Yes, I feel safe when I travel but I don't travel alone. I usually travel with my family or friends.
jaycel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuav View Post
Well I generally feel safe when travelling but I make sure to study first where I am going and whats not to bring and whats the proper attire should be. I want to blend in the crowd and not look like a lost tourist.

I don't carry much cash and just bring a couple of international credit cards and atms. I also pack try to pack light as much as possible. I bring my cell phone with me so I can make calls in case I need to, together with my Onesuite prepaid calling card which has a voip feature now makes me feel safer because I can make calls overseas anytime I wanted too without having to worry about looking for prepaid calling card or pay unjustifiable prices.
I totally agree with you.. It is not necessary to bring a lot of stuff most especially if these things are expensive.. If you want to feel secure, then do the precautionary measures always. Bring only the things that are needed during the travel like the cellphone, camera, and some international credit cards.. Don't bring so much cash, they might get lost!
lifeplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:00 AM   #15

Yes i do feel safe while traveling because i take care of my safety and if i am traveling with friends or family then no fear at all.

stagephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote