ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Hotels > Ramada
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #1

Ramada at North Charleston, South Carolina (airport)

Wanted to share our experience with the Ramada airport, in North Charleston SC.....We checked in, but was'nt sure what was going on behind the front counter....There were a couple of teenagers dressed in civilian clothes (Jeans, etc.) behind the counter, but did'nt appear to know what was going on. The rooms were in poor condition (bathroom had large hole in base board), and the pool was not even worth trying to fight the 30 or so small kids splashing about, totally unsupervised, and several "suspicious activities" going on at any given time, especially at night (don't let your kids out under ANY circumstances). There was also some type of beer party going on in the parking lot that had apparently been going on for some time, as several "South Americans" had several cases of beer, and were just daring me to look them in the eyes so they could start something....
The internet advertises a totally different scenario, to wit my wife fell for hook, line, and sinker, and is still apologizing.....We did not opt to stay at this facility, except for sleeping, and left one night early without requesting a refund. The "full breakfast buffet" was a joke...No meat, powdered eggs, and the biscuits were absolutely awful.....More disgruntled tennants than items to select from. They don't tell you that anyone that may be with you (like your children) have to pay extra for this fine meal. Needless to say, we ate half of a breakfast and left.....
Please don't patronize this facility, no matter how nice they make it appear on the internet, or how much money you save....trust me, its worth paying the extra to stay ANYWHERE else!!!

Kimmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Donny-60813

Oh, My God!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmya View Post
Wanted to share our experience with the Ramada airport, in North Charleston SC.....We checked in, but was'nt sure what was going on behind the front counter....There were a couple of teenagers dressed in civilian clothes (Jeans, etc.) behind the counter, but did'nt appear to know what was going on. The rooms were in poor condition (bathroom had large hole in base board), and the pool was not even worth trying to fight the 30 or so small kids splashing about, totally unsupervised, and several "suspicious activities" going on at any given time, especially at night (don't let your kids out under ANY circumstances). There was also some type of beer party going on in the parking lot that had apparently been going on for some time, as several "South Americans" had several cases of beer, and were just daring me to look them in the eyes so they could start something....
The internet advertises a totally different scenario, to wit my wife fell for hook, line, and sinker, and is still apologizing.....We did not opt to stay at this facility, except for sleeping, and left one night early without requesting a refund. The "full breakfast buffet" was a joke...No meat, powdered eggs, and the biscuits were absolutely awful.....More disgruntled tennants than items to select from. They don't tell you that anyone that may be with you (like your children) have to pay extra for this fine meal. Needless to say, we ate half of a breakfast and left.....
Please don't patronize this facility, no matter how nice they make it appear on the internet, or how much money you save....trust me, its worth paying the extra to stay ANYWHERE else!!!
That's quite an experience. There are really like that in which they advertise so nice in the internet but then you will find out that it's not worth staying for even one day/night. I agree with you, it's better to pay extra than paying to a budgeted place but you won't be satisfied.
lifeplayer is offline   Reply With Quote