ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Frequent Flier Alliances > SkyTeam
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #1

Experience with SkyTeam

I am a member of three airlines in the Sky Team Alliance. Other than the ability to accrue miles in one account while flying on Sky Team member airlines, I am not aware of other substantial benefits for high volume travelers. Does anyone know if elite status on one Sky Team Member Airline has the same benefit relative to upgrades and bonuse miles if flying on another member of the Sky Team Family?

bobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
ITYT Cabin Crew

Skyteam Elite

No, each airline has its own set rules and regulations reguarding upgrade status, most of the time airlines will look out for their own elite members then those of partner airlines.

adhawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobl View Post
I am a member of three airlines in the Sky Team Alliance. Other than the ability to accrue miles in one account while flying on Sky Team member airlines, I am not aware of other substantial benefits for high volume travelers. Does anyone know if elite status on one Sky Team Member Airline has the same benefit relative to upgrades and bonuse miles if flying on another member of the Sky Team Family?
When I book with NWA for a flight to Asia, for example, and that some of the segments are flown on partner airlines, I still get my bonus miles. But this is when I book through NWA.

I know that if I use my Platinum or Gold card on other airlines that are part of the same alliance I still get the same early on privilege, same free VIP lounge use and usually preferred seating. But this depends on the airline.

For around 3 years I flew United Airlines with a Gold card from Thai Air, I got the early on, free VIP lounge, waiting in the Business Class line at airports instead of the longer economy class line. But I never got any bonus miles or free upgrades when I flew with United. I did get preferred seating with UA. I used my miles to fly for free on Thai Air in Asia.

I book with the same airline all the time now (NWA) and small differences in prices doesn't bother me because I am in for the bonus miles for future free flights. With the switch to Delta I guess Delta will be the airline I use. I would have used UA all the time but their departures from Boston for connections overseas were always 1 to 3 hours sooner than NWA and I could not use public transportation (MBTA.)

One thing I don't like so far with this merger of NWA with Delta is that now I do not get the same bonus miles with my Platinum card. Before with NWA I could get 125% bonus miles and now it is reduced to only 100% which is the same as a Gold card. But on my last trip to Asia I got free upgrades for all 6 segments for the first time! I don't know if this is a fluke and I was just lucky or if this is the way it will be all the time.

Happy flying.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #4

thanks y'all for the info. worth the read
johnnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #5

Thanks

Thank you for your information and soon reply to my question.
Very much appreciate your help.
thanks so much for useful info
thanks for your suggestion
I think this is enough .....
lugatrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #6

I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
pinmouyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #7

Best

I have also been traveling with this group and their services and packages are really awesome. I found their services first at Bangalore, India and now I am enjoying very good trips in all over the world.

peters123 is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | - »