ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2001, 03:19 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one here wondering this. As someone who doesn't fly out of Newark, but still hears about this on hold with Continental, I really must ask . . . what the hell is going on with parking at the Newark airport? There's been construction going on there for what seems like years.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 03:19 AM   #2
ITYT Captain

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one here wondering this. As someone who doesn't fly out of Newark, but still hears about this on hold with Continental, I really must ask . . . what the hell is going on with parking at the Newark airport? There's been construction going on there for what seems like years.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 02:04 AM   #3
ITYT Navigator

And has anyone taken the PATH (I believe that is it) in to the City. How is the ride?
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 02:04 AM   #4
ITYT Navigator

And has anyone taken the PATH (I believe that is it) in to the City. How is the ride?
Old 10-22-2001, 12:24 AM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to anthonyanthony Send a message via AIM to anthonyanthony
EWR is not my home airport either, but I did pass through there many times over the last few months. From what I can tell, terminal C has practically no parking structure. They are building what seems to be an entirely new parking structure for terminal C, and it looks months away from completion. I wonder if one has to park at terminals A or B to get to terminal C.

Since I only rented cars out of EWR, I didn't have to find out.
anthonyanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 12:24 AM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to anthonyanthony Send a message via AIM to anthonyanthony
EWR is not my home airport either, but I did pass through there many times over the last few months. From what I can tell, terminal C has practically no parking structure. They are building what seems to be an entirely new parking structure for terminal C, and it looks months away from completion. I wonder if one has to park at terminals A or B to get to terminal C.

Since I only rented cars out of EWR, I didn't have to find out.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:25 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to chodson Send a message via MSN to chodson Send a message via Yahoo to chodson
Between the terminals, the parking lot, and the roads surrounding it, there has been construction there for years.

I've never parked there. I lived 15 minutes away, so it's cheaper and easier to just get a cab. Also, parking there is notorious for it's stolen car rate. I think it's gotten much better in recent years, but for a while Newark was the number one city for stolen cars in the US (#11 as of 2000).

As for the PATH, I don't think it hooks up to the airport. That having been said, it's a pretty good mass transit system. I used to take it on a regular basis from Hoboken to WTC.

As a side note, a one-way fare has been $1 for as long as I can remember.

chodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:25 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to chodson Send a message via MSN to chodson Send a message via Yahoo to chodson
Between the terminals, the parking lot, and the roads surrounding it, there has been construction there for years.

I've never parked there. I lived 15 minutes away, so it's cheaper and easier to just get a cab. Also, parking there is notorious for it's stolen car rate. I think it's gotten much better in recent years, but for a while Newark was the number one city for stolen cars in the US (#11 as of 2000).

As for the PATH, I don't think it hooks up to the airport. That having been said, it's a pretty good mass transit system. I used to take it on a regular basis from Hoboken to WTC.

As a side note, a one-way fare has been $1 for as long as I can remember.

chodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 01:13 PM   #9

dbaker, the parking situation at EWR is getting better in part because of the progression of the new parking structures, and also because of the reduced amount of traffic going in and out of TC. In fact, the structure directly in front of the terminal has two (and perhaps) three levels open now for traffic. I do not know the exact completion date, but even if I did, I am sure that it would be subject to change.

tycoonjack, the PATH is a convenient way to get into the city, and each fare costs $1.50, and that includes transfers. You can get to 33rd Street (which is essentially Penn Station) for that fare, but it will take somewhat longer than taking NJT from Newark Penn to NY Penn. Via the PATH, there is obviously only one way to get into the city now with the WTC station being no longer.
dsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 01:13 PM   #10

dbaker, the parking situation at EWR is getting better in part because of the progression of the new parking structures, and also because of the reduced amount of traffic going in and out of TC. In fact, the structure directly in front of the terminal has two (and perhaps) three levels open now for traffic. I do not know the exact completion date, but even if I did, I am sure that it would be subject to change.

tycoonjack, the PATH is a convenient way to get into the city, and each fare costs $1.50, and that includes transfers. You can get to 33rd Street (which is essentially Penn Station) for that fare, but it will take somewhat longer than taking NJT from Newark Penn to NY Penn. Via the PATH, there is obviously only one way to get into the city now with the WTC station being no longer.
dsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 01:55 PM   #11
ITYT Navigator

I think what I was looking for was the AirTrain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tycoonjack on 2001-11-04 12:57 ]</font>
Old 11-04-2001, 01:55 PM   #12
ITYT Navigator

I think what I was looking for was the AirTrain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tycoonjack on 2001-11-04 12:57 ]</font>
Old 11-07-2001, 08:22 AM   #13
ITYT Cabin Crew

They are building a major parking deck outside of C, which does seem to be no nearer completion. The best suggestion, would be to park at either A or B and take the monorail to C.
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 08:22 AM   #14
ITYT Cabin Crew

They are building a major parking deck outside of C, which does seem to be no nearer completion. The best suggestion, would be to park at either A or B and take the monorail to C.
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:19 PM   #15

Until all the construction confusion is ended, I've been parking off the airport at one of the private lots on Route 1 South. There are a couple of them with very frequent shuttle service (AviStar and SkyPark), the difference being that SkyPark is self parking and at AviStar they valet your car and bring it out when you call for pickup.
I think that you can get a discount book at either and I buy the 50 day book at SkyPark which just went up to $400. SkyPark also has the bonus of giving you a free stay after ten, so that a bunch of short business trips can get you ten day's vacation parking for free.
monitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:19 PM   #16

Until all the construction confusion is ended, I've been parking off the airport at one of the private lots on Route 1 South. There are a couple of them with very frequent shuttle service (AviStar and SkyPark), the difference being that SkyPark is self parking and at AviStar they valet your car and bring it out when you call for pickup.
I think that you can get a discount book at either and I buy the 50 day book at SkyPark which just went up to $400. SkyPark also has the bonus of giving you a free stay after ten, so that a bunch of short business trips can get you ten day's vacation parking for free.
monitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:20 PM   #17

Re: the PATH train...

Just think, you can get from EWR to Manhattan for just $2.50! Take the city bus from EWR (departs from the same place as the Olympia buses) to NJ Penn Station for $1.00, and then PATH from Penn to Manhattan (up to 33rd) for $1.50.

Of course, schlepping your bags onto a city bus and then onto a subway is not the most convenient way to go [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2001, 12:20 PM   #18

Re: the PATH train...

Just think, you can get from EWR to Manhattan for just $2.50! Take the city bus from EWR (departs from the same place as the Olympia buses) to NJ Penn Station for $1.00, and then PATH from Penn to Manhattan (up to 33rd) for $1.50.

Of course, schlepping your bags onto a city bus and then onto a subway is not the most convenient way to go [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 09:51 PM   #19

I got stuck in EWR last year trying to go home to IAH. The connection flight never made it EWR... My experience is that flying in and out of EWR is okay at times...but during peak times...it is just hell...

Also...i have been cheated from EWR to downtown manhattan for $60 and later i heard that the fee should only be $35

oh well...
afang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 09:51 PM   #20

I got stuck in EWR last year trying to go home to IAH. The connection flight never made it EWR... My experience is that flying in and out of EWR is okay at times...but during peak times...it is just hell...

Also...i have been cheated from EWR to downtown manhattan for $60 and later i heard that the fee should only be $35

oh well...

afang is offline   Reply With Quote