ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Continental Air To Invest In Enhanced International Business

Continental Air To Invest In Enhanced International BusinessFirst

Quote:
NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL) will unveil plans of its investment in its high-end international BusinessFirst service on Wednesday.

In a press release Monday, the carrier said President Larry Kellner will make the announcement at Righa Royal Hotel in New York at 10 a.m. EST .
How exciting! FWIW, the rumor is lay-flat sleeper seats.

I remember when Continental first rolled out BusinessFirst and they had BF seats all around IAH and EWR to show how comfortable they were. That was, what, late 80s? Early 90s? Anyone remember?
__________________

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Continental Air To Invest In Enhanced International Business

Continental Air To Invest In Enhanced International BusinessFirst

Quote:
NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL) will unveil plans of its investment in its high-end international BusinessFirst service on Wednesday.

In a press release Monday, the carrier said President Larry Kellner will make the announcement at Righa Royal Hotel in New York at 10 a.m. EST .
How exciting! FWIW, the rumor is lay-flat sleeper seats.

I remember when Continental first rolled out BusinessFirst and they had BF seats all around IAH and EWR to show how comfortable they were. That was, what, late 80s? Early 90s? Anyone remember?
__________________

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Continental Airlines to Invest in Enhanced BusinessFirst Product; Industry Bucking Trend Aimed at High-Yield Business Travelers

Quote:
Continental's new BusinessFirst seats feature several significant design improvements that provide more comfort for customers. The new seat is the widest business class seat in the world measuring 22 inches between the armrests, an increase of one inch per seat over Continental's existing BusinessFirst seat. The seats offer a deeper recline, measuring 170 degrees from seat cushion to seat back, and provide 6 1/2 feet (2 meters) of sleeping space in the fully extended position. Electronic ``one-touch'' controls enable customers to quickly move the seats to pre-set upright, cradle and fully extended sleep positions, and additional controls allow customers to adjust the seat back, lumbar support, leg and foot rests in an infinite number of comfortable positions.

Other improvements include the addition of privacy hoods and large seat side wings for better privacy, individual dual level reading lights and more storage space for personal items. The new BusinessFirst seats also have adjustable winged headrests, power ports for laptop personal computers and personal multi-channel entertainment systems and satellite telephones.
continenal.com's new BusinessFirst demo

Bling Bling!
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Continental Airlines to Invest in Enhanced BusinessFirst Product; Industry Bucking Trend Aimed at High-Yield Business Travelers

Quote:
Continental's new BusinessFirst seats feature several significant design improvements that provide more comfort for customers. The new seat is the widest business class seat in the world measuring 22 inches between the armrests, an increase of one inch per seat over Continental's existing BusinessFirst seat. The seats offer a deeper recline, measuring 170 degrees from seat cushion to seat back, and provide 6 1/2 feet (2 meters) of sleeping space in the fully extended position. Electronic ``one-touch'' controls enable customers to quickly move the seats to pre-set upright, cradle and fully extended sleep positions, and additional controls allow customers to adjust the seat back, lumbar support, leg and foot rests in an infinite number of comfortable positions.

Other improvements include the addition of privacy hoods and large seat side wings for better privacy, individual dual level reading lights and more storage space for personal items. The new BusinessFirst seats also have adjustable winged headrests, power ports for laptop personal computers and personal multi-channel entertainment systems and satellite telephones.
continenal.com's new BusinessFirst demo

Bling Bling!
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
Junior Member
ITYT Cabin Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ewr
Posts: 27
Any idea as to when the first new seats will be rolled out? I'm scheduled to fly HKG-EWR in BF on April 1st, it sure would be nice to have the new seats in :lol:
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #6
Junior Member
ITYT Cabin Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ewr
Posts: 27
Any idea as to when the first new seats will be rolled out? I'm scheduled to fly HKG-EWR in BF on April 1st, it sure would be nice to have the new seats in :lol:
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Quote:
The airline will begin installing the enhanced seats on all of its Boeing 777 aircraft that serve transatlantic and transpacific routes in April.
You're probably a few weeks too early.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
ITYT Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: IAH/HOU
Posts: 2,354
Quote:
The airline will begin installing the enhanced seats on all of its Boeing 777 aircraft that serve transatlantic and transpacific routes in April.
You're probably a few weeks too early.
__________________

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.



Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0