ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)

Old 12-14-2002, 04:09 PM   #1

First Class meals

I will be flying my SEA-EWR-FLL next week in First Class. Does anyone have any idea of what the meal will be? On the first flight from SEA-EWR it's a lunch service and from EWR-FLL it is a snack service. Has anyone flown a service similar like PDX-EWR, or PHX-EWR, etc... and what the lunch service was? I think that the snack service will be a cold plate with fish and chicken but i'm curious about the SEA-EWR.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:09 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to anthonyanthony Send a message via AIM to anthonyanthony
I have eaten a large amount of Chicken Cold Plates on those flights to/from Florida. It's a good bet that's what you'll get on that flight. It's hard to say what you'll have for Lunch from SEA-EWR. Could be many things. I'm sure it will be much nicer than a Chicken Cold Plate. If I got the cold plate on that flight I would be disappointed.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyanthony
I'm sure it will be much nicer than a Chicken Cold Plate. If I got the cold plate on that flight I would be disappointed.
Best eat your chicken cold plate now ... or maybe i'll get the one you turn down next week.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
ITYT Captain

I had been getting pretty bad meals for a while. Always the same terrible sandwich with some watery soup that always tastes the same no matter what it was.

But I did get a really good meal the other evening on a Friday evening LAX-IAH flight and then got a great salad IAH-TPA a few days later. So who knows?
Old 10-04-2003, 04:38 PM   #5

CO's meals are usually up in the air. But I've found that NW has been very consistent with giving excellent first class food. Maybe you should give them a try?
Old 10-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
ITYT Captain

Living in AUS and generally traveling to the southwest or southeast, MEM isn't a good option for me. Especially when both AUS and IAH have a P Club, but almost all the MEM worldclubs are gone.

Additionally, I prefer new 737s and well-kept 757s as opposed to ancient DC9s and A319s/A320s with cloth seats.

I've taken 4 trips on Northwest in the past couple years. One of them resulted in me renting a car and driving 400 miles to compensate for their last flight of the day cancellation. The other involved spending the night at a fleabag motel in Memphis (that they put me up in, heh, great) after they misconnected me in MEM.

For what it's worth, the misconnect had been obvious before I departed for MEM and there was alternative routing. However, Stacy (I still remember her name!) refused to reroute me because apparently she hadn't taken her timezone training yet and insisted that I'd have an hour and 4 minutes in MEM as opposed to 4 minutes.

I've probably flown 300 CO segments in the last 4 years, but have never ended up spending the night where I didn't intend or having to drive instead of fly somewhere. So, NW sucks in my book.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:51 PM   #7

Exactly how long ago were these NW trips, and how were you able to book the ticket anyway with only a 4 minute connection time? If NW doesnít offer good schedules between the cities you want to go to, then thatís unfortunate. But at least in my current experience (a week ago to be exact), generally NW now outranks CO.

I don't see anything wrong with the A319/320's, and the DC-9's are maintained very well. And whatís wrong with the cloth seats? IMHO they are more comfortable then the stiff leather ones.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #8
ITYT Captain

There was originally a 90 minute layover but it became 4 minutes after delays.

No matter how well they're maintained, the planes are still older than me and their age shows. The cloth FC seats are less comfortable with less pitch and width than the CO FC seats. The reality is that the oldest CO planes (MD80s) are newer and in better shape than the average plane in the CO fleet.

Also, if you schedule your CO flights well, you can pick up BusinessFirst 757 and 767s on domestic legs. Even to/from AUS.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:15 AM   #9
dez

Send a message via ICQ to dez
eats

i did ewr to fll a month ago, and i got a cold shrimp salad and clam chowder both ways. both were excellent.

as far as your co vs. nw argument i've flown about 70 co this year and my first 4 nw are coming up next wed thru tuesday.

so far the upgrades seem easier then co.

i'll letcha know what i think about the ride!

dez
Old 11-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #10
dez

Send a message via ICQ to dez
oh yeah

baker, how can you tell if you're getting a BF 757 or 767?

thx!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:55 PM   #11

All CO's 767s are equipped with BF seats. The 757s that are equipped with BF have only 4 rows in the first class cabin as oppose to 6. Also sometimes on schedules the BF configured 757 is called out as a 752.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:23 AM   #12

cold shrimp salad
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #13

I am flying business class on Air France from Dulles (IAD) to Paris (CDG) and then to Tel Aviv (TLV) and I want to know how kosher meals are served and what quality. Who caters the kosher meals out of Dulles?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #14

Hello
  • You can chain many actions consecutively but if you make a mistake you can right - click your mouse in order to cancel the last queued action.
  • This game is not like most time management games in which you can complete your tasks even if the location is closed. In First Class Flurry if you're not done by landing time you will not be able to complete your tasks, which in turn could cost you your game.
  • You can look at the help section in the menu screen of the game in order to see the types of passengers that are in this game. Keep in mind that some passengers will not be available for viewing until you've unlocked certain levels.
  • If you made an order that nobody wants you can click on the order tray and that order will disappear. You cannot click on the trashcan to discard of food on the tray. The order tray is located on the top left side of the screen.