ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

Let Gordon know that you won't accept the changes to Onepass

Let Gordon know that you won't accept the changes to Onepass by submitting a pre-written letter to him via ITYT.

We have written a letter to Gordon expressing the common concerns and believe that a flood of similar letters will raise awareness about how upset the airline's best cutomers are.

All you have to do is fill out a web form and ITYT will mail the form letter on your behalf via USPS or comparable courier, free of charge to you. Any written response that you receive will be emailed to you by ITYT in JPEG or comparable form. Fill out the appropriate information on the linked page below so that the form parts of your letter can be filled in correctly.

Do it today:

Cheers.

Daniel

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
ITYT Captain

Let Gordon know that you won't accept the changes to Onepass by submitting a pre-written letter to him via ITYT.

We have written a letter to Gordon expressing the common concerns and believe that a flood of similar letters will raise awareness about how upset the airline's best cutomers are.

All you have to do is fill out a web form and ITYT will mail the form letter on your behalf via USPS or comparable courier, free of charge to you. Any written response that you receive will be emailed to you by ITYT in JPEG or comparable form. Fill out the appropriate information on the linked page below so that the form parts of your letter can be filled in correctly.

Do it today:

Cheers.

Daniel

Old 01-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
Count me in

Well, I've added my letter to the stack. I'm hopeful that this effort will effectively communicate the frequent-flyer community's concerns.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
Count me in

Well, I've added my letter to the stack. I'm hopeful that this effort will effectively communicate the frequent-flyer community's concerns.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #5
ITYT Navigator

Continental Letter

I also put in my show of support. Hopefully we can get something done.
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #6
ITYT Navigator

Continental Letter

I also put in my show of support. Hopefully we can get something done.
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 03:17 AM   #7
ITYT Captain

We made a few small modifications to improve readability. Additionally, we noticed that the Onepass number provided was not included in the form letter, which is now resolved.

We're seeing a solid number of people submit their form letter information. We're hoping to receive at least 200 submissions for this campaign, so please don't hesitate to fill out the form and let us get your letter out the door. Please also be sure to e-mail the link to any friends that may be concerned Onepass members that just aren't active in the FF community to run across this campaign themselves.

Cheers.

Daniel
Old 01-22-2002, 03:17 AM   #8
ITYT Captain

We made a few small modifications to improve readability. Additionally, we noticed that the Onepass number provided was not included in the form letter, which is now resolved.

We're seeing a solid number of people submit their form letter information. We're hoping to receive at least 200 submissions for this campaign, so please don't hesitate to fill out the form and let us get your letter out the door. Please also be sure to e-mail the link to any friends that may be concerned Onepass members that just aren't active in the FF community to run across this campaign themselves.

Cheers.

Daniel
Old 01-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #9

I have already written my own letter to Gordon, using the Pizza quotes from his book.

I went much more in-depth. I have been a top level elite since 1996 and I listed all of the reductions that I have seen since then.

No more threshold bonuses
No more "Instant" Upgades on H fares
No more upgrades on HP 3 days in advance
Raised thresholds for elite levels (I like this one, but a reduction is a reduction)
VERY limited number of F class seats lately, making EUA useless
International Upgrade Policy (I don't fly international, but I told then that if I did it would not be on CO)
Elimination of off-peak rewards

I bet I missed some of the reductions, but hopefully they will get the picture.

I am sure that he does not read any of these letters, but I hope that whoever does read his mail for him is informing him of the unhappiness and distrust he has created.
CameraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #10

I have already written my own letter to Gordon, using the Pizza quotes from his book.

I went much more in-depth. I have been a top level elite since 1996 and I listed all of the reductions that I have seen since then.

Raised thresholds for elite levels (I like this one, but a reduction is a reduction)
International Upgrade Policy (I don't fly international, but I told then that if I did it would not be on CO)

I am sure that he does not read any of these letters, but I hope that whoever does read his mail for him is informing him of the unhappiness and distrust he has created.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGuy

I really miss those advance HP upgrades. But since Im HP Silver I dont have to live with two hour standby upgrades.
nwelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 07:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGuy

I really miss those advance HP upgrades. But since Im HP Silver I dont have to live with two hour standby upgrades.
nwelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:44 PM   #13

Just signed it. Thanks dbaker for reminding me!
afang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:44 PM   #14

Just signed it. Thanks dbaker for reminding me!
afang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #15
ITYT Captain

Another batch is going out soon. Be sure to submit your letter now if you haven't already!

Please e-mail this URL to any friends that may be similarly concerned about the direction that Onepass is taking.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #16
ITYT Captain

Another batch is going out soon. Be sure to submit your letter now if you haven't already!

Please e-mail this URL to any friends that may be similarly concerned about the direction that Onepass is taking.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #17
ITYT Captain

Update

Continental has a response to our letters and I am picking the entire batch of letters up at a meeting with Continental at their headquarters next week.

Those of you who submitted letters should receive your copy late next week.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #18
ITYT Captain

Update

Continental has a response to our letters and I am picking the entire batch of letters up at a meeting with Continental at their headquarters next week.

Those of you who submitted letters should receive your copy late next week.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:17 PM   #19

I hope the response is better than the usual "Fluff" stuff.

In the 6 (Going on 7) years I have been top level elite, I have seen many subtractions to the program and VERY few additions. At some point, the airline world will realize that Greg was the brains behind the turnaround.

Old 03-27-2002, 07:17 PM   #20

I hope the response is better than the usual "Fluff" stuff.

In the 6 (Going on 7) years I have been top level elite, I have seen many subtractions to the program and VERY few additions. At some point, the airline world will realize that Greg was the brains behind the turnaround.