ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2001, 10:24 PM   #1
ITYT Navigator

I was wondering if anyone knows the madness behind the creation of the Onepass numbers. I have been a member since 1986, and I have the typical two letter prefix, but my brother, who has been a member since 1987, has no letters in his Onepass number (sounds logical when you say it like that.) Just wondering if any one else has only numbers and how you signed up, cause that is the only way that I can figure that would effect the number.

tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 10:24 PM   #2
ITYT Navigator

I was wondering if anyone knows the madness behind the creation of the Onepass numbers. I have been a member since 1986, and I have the typical two letter prefix, but my brother, who has been a member since 1987, has no letters in his Onepass number (sounds logical when you say it like that.) Just wondering if any one else has only numbers and how you signed up, cause that is the only way that I can figure that would effect the number.

Old 10-22-2001, 10:28 PM   #3
ITYT Captain

I signed up over the phone when making a reservation in early 1990 and have two letters followed by six numbers.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 10:28 PM   #4
ITYT Captain

I signed up over the phone when making a reservation in early 1990 and have two letters followed by six numbers.

Old 10-25-2001, 07:08 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to chodson Send a message via MSN to chodson Send a message via Yahoo to chodson
I signed up in 91 and have the 2 letter / 6 digit format
chodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:08 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to chodson Send a message via MSN to chodson Send a message via Yahoo to chodson
I signed up in 91 and have the 2 letter / 6 digit format
chodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 04:39 PM   #7
ITYT Captain

The first two number of my onepass number are the year that I joined, too. FYI.

Old 10-30-2001, 04:39 PM   #8
ITYT Captain

The first two number of my onepass number are the year that I joined, too. FYI.

Old 11-02-2001, 12:05 AM   #9
ITYT Navigator

There seems to be no method to the continental madness of assigning numbers. The worst is when you call Continental and they say “no, no, no, what are the first two letters on your account.” And you have to argue with them that you don’t have two letters to start your onepass number (which usually takes at least one to two minutes.)
Old 11-02-2001, 12:05 AM   #10
ITYT Navigator

There seems to be no method to the continental madness of assigning numbers. The worst is when you call Continental and they say “no, no, no, what are the first two letters on your account.” And you have to argue with them that you don’t have two letters to start your onepass number (which usually takes at least one to two minutes.)
Old 11-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #11

I was assigned two letters and six digits when the Eastern Airlines program was absorbed into OnePass in the early 80's. Ms. monitor joined in 1985 and was given 2/6. None of the numbers or letters appear to have anything to do with year of membership or anything else that we can figure.
monitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #12

I was assigned two letters and six digits when the Eastern Airlines program was absorbed into OnePass in the early 80's. Ms. monitor joined in 1985 and was given 2/6. None of the numbers or letters appear to have anything to do with year of membership or anything else that we can figure.
monitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #13
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
New membership

I signed up a family member for a OnePass account earlier today and was assigned GN528[xxx]. Wonder if there's any info at all to be derived from the numbers...

I remember when you could determine when a CompuServe member had signed up by the second digit of their CIS UID.

Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #14
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
New membership

I signed up a family member for a OnePass account earlier today and was assigned GN528[xxx]. Wonder if there's any info at all to be derived from the numbers...

I remember when you could determine when a CompuServe member had signed up by the second digit of their CIS UID.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote