ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Adventure Travel Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #1

Smile Cheap places to travel in Europe

My husband and I are avid travelers. We’ve already been to more than 30 countries and got unforgettable experience during every single trip that's why I would like to share with you my experience.

We never had enough money so always chose the cheapest and most advantageous ways to make our trips, so we even made a list for our friends of the cheapest places to travel in Europe. Here are a few of them.

№ 1. Hungary. This is a country with a lot of resorts, museums, lakes and castles, so it can be called an open air museum. If you are a fan of nature and architecture, you should totally visit it! We found very cool freelance guide and he showeed us a lot of interesting places. Hungary is one of the cheapest and democratic countries in Europe and we checked it out on our own. When we were in Hungary, we spent only 20 Euro a day to live in a hotel and eat during the day. So we had enough money left to attend different excursions!

№ 2. Bulgaria. In general, Bulgaria is a very interesting and great place for cheap holidays, especially for Europeans. It can offer you interesting cities, unique ancient monuments of culture and natural attractions under UNESCO protection – to visit all this during one trip is simply not possible. At the same time there is a good accommodation for a reasonable price and a great climate which will assure you to make more than one trip to this beautiful country.

In Bulgaria we visited a couple of cities and there was of course Sofia – its beautiful capital. What we remembered most is that public transport and taxi are both quite cheap; there is really tasty food and a variety of excursions which do not cost that much, so you can afford to attend most of them.

№ 3. Greece. It is probably one of my favorite places! Cheap hotels, cheap food, as well as a large number of Orthodox holy sites and ancient monuments will let you enjoy a visit to this country. Architecture of Greece, its natural wealth, friendly people and unsurpassed cuisine are very impressive and totally worth of your time and money!

№ 4. Poland. Last September we were in one of the most beautiful its cities – Krakow! There are many great and cheap hostels, bars and restaurants with quite low prices and many tourist attractions. The city itself is very beautiful. It's not as crowded as Prague, for example, but it is much cheaper than it in all respects. Living accommodation is fairly inexpensive by European standards: you can check in a 3-4 star hotel room, not to mention the hostels and hotels of lower level. So go ahead!

№ 5. Serbia. Belgrade is located on the last but not the least place of our list. Although in the city there are not too much places of interest, but there are a lot of interesting places in the center: the city could offer you exciting nightlife and attractive prices. Local food and drinks are usually cheaper if you do not eat lunch in places with a high concentration of tourists.

Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #2

Hi,
Below are the Cheap places to travel in Europe-

Prague
Budapest
Lisbon
Istanbul
Barcelona
Krakow
Crete
Berlin
Dubrovnik
Valencia
Thessaloniki
Central Dalmatia

stagephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #3

Well, if you are looking for cheapest destinations in Europe, then definitely you will miss the beauty if Europe too. The places like Serbia, Turkey are not established as a tourist attraction and decent reviews from the travelers. But if anyone looking for only cheapest places rather than scenic beauty, then it is ok.
AnkitaSharmaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #4

Well put Turkey top on this list
Old 05-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #5

I think Greece
adamjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap trip, tour guide, traveling, traveling in europe