ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Adventure Travel Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #1

Companions wanted for hardcore adventure in South America June - July

hi! I am planning a trip that will take me by various modes of transport through Peru, Brazil, Venezuela, Columbia and Ecuador. At the moment the plan is to start in Kitani on the river Urubamba in Peru and get a lift on a local boat through the Pongo de Mainique rapids and on to Pucallpa where i want either to buy a balsa raft or to enlist local help to build one, and float on it 500 miles down the Ucayali river to Iquitos. This would take about a month. From Iquitos I plan to buy a passage on a river boat down the Amazon to Manaus in Brazil, and then travel North by whatever transport is available to Venezuela and back round to Peru, probably by bus, through Columbia and Venezuela. I am looking for two or three people to join me, who enjoy a serious challenge and have a sense of adventure. It will be an uncomfortable but awesome trip. You must know that you can get on with people and be very tolerant in small spaces, and that you can cope with hoards of biting insects, with having a limited diet and no privacy, and with being wet and mouldy (v smelly). I have experience of living in the rainforest and I speak some spanish but no Portuguese. It would be helpful if you had some knowledge of the jungle or any languages (especially Portuguese) that might be useful, or if you have some rafting experience. Having said that, the most important thing is to have the right attitude. Let me know if you are interested, Kat xx
Junglekat is offline   Reply With Quote