ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Adventure Travel Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #1

Is it possible to Travel to Europe by boat?

Is it possible to travel From the U.S to Europe by boat? I'm not talking about a cruise ship, just a boat that will take me there. I plan to back pack during the summer after my senior year, I think traveling there by boat would add more to the adventure and cost less, plus I don't like flying much.

jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #2

well its not at all a wise decision to go by boat specially in this bad weather.

ptrjakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #3

Is it possible to Travel to Europe by boat

Why you take risk in bad weather ? their are much other option by train and By plane or something so choose another option for travel to Europe.
christbarr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #4

Is it possible to Travel to Europe by boat?

It risky matter while traveling through boat to Europe. So beware !
jasperbarry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #5

There are occasional boats from the US to Europe, but they are infrequent and more costly than flying.It's possible to get a room on a non-passenger boat for less (but still expensive), many shipping companies have one or two rooms per journey that can be rented by non-crew. Standards can be low, and many US companies no longer do it due to insurance, but you may be able to find someone. Contact local companies that do international shipping, and ask if such facilities exist on their boats.
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #6

I know it is possible but you will need a traveling permit well this is required to boat travelers
voxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:55 AM   #7

Traveling from the U.S. to Europe by Sea

Hi,
Traveling from the U.S. to Europe by sea. It may take more than a week, but your time spend at sea will give you the opportunity to experience the great ocean separating the Old World from the New in a completely different way.

1. Search for ocean liners, cruise ships and use the search term transatlantic to find a ship that sails from the U.S. to Europe.

2. Book a ticket on your choice of ship.

3. Keep all varieties of clothes like sun, wind, rain and cold and necessities with you, because you will be at sea for at least seven days.

4. Keep in contact with the ship's reservation line to ensure that the ship is arriving at your port of departure on time.

5. Board the ship and make yourself comfortable in the room for the length of the voyage.

stagephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote