ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Adventure Travel Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #1

Red Sea, Egypt

To anyone standing on its shore and gazing out across its heavenly waters, the Red Sea may seem to be a mislabeling. Its blueness is eternal and anything less red cannot be fantasized. The Red Sea, where the desert meets the ocean, is truly one of the planetís most exotic and fascinating natural seascape environments. The Red Sea is located between Asia and Africa. At its most northerly point forms the Sinai Peninsula and stretches over 1000 miles south to join the Indian Ocean, between Ethiopia and Yemen. In the north and west are desert plains, while in the south a mountainous region (2642 meters high), which is part of the mountain range stretching from deep in Saudi Arabia, across the Sinai and then into Nubia of the African continent. The Red Sea holds beneath its crystal blue surface an oasis of living creatures, reefs, and coral formation. Its use as a highway between East and West has attracted man since the beginning of time.

Martin Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:40 AM   #2

That exquisite corridor of tinted mountains and radiant water... here and nowhere else, is the vestibule between the Levant and the Tropics. -E.M. Forster describing the Gulf of Suez, 1923.
Egypt's Red Sea coast runs from the Gulf of Suez to the Sudanese border. Its mineral-rich red mountain ranges inspired the mariners of antiquity to name the sea Mare Rostrum, or the Red Sea.

jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #3

Because of the abundance of species, Red Sea diving is considered by many to offer the best diving in the world. It attracts divers, underwater photographers, marine scientists and leisure seekers.

The underwater topography is as spectacular as its marine species. The living reefs stretch way out to sea, forming caves, lagoons, underwater gardens and plateaus.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #4

Aside from it being known as the best diving and fishing resort because of its abundant fish species, thousands of migrating birds also come to the shores of the Red Sea, making it the most popular paradise for bird-watchers.
miles08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #5

the red sea diving is the best part in the hergada and sharm el shikh journey , it's really amazing
reta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #6

I heard it was beautiful and great for diving. Anyway, I think it was really awesome in the picture, what more if you see it in your own eyes? Love to go there too.
clouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:25 AM   #7

Did you know that The Red Sea is one of the most saline bodies of water in the world, due to high evaporation. Salinity ranges from between ~36 (ppt) in the southern part due to the effect of the Gulf of Aden water and reaches 41 (ppt) in the northern part, due mainly to the Gulf of Suez water and the high evaporation. The average salinity is 40 (ppt).
Is is most significant see what I had see on my own ayes.

Ludwig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #8
pragati

of tinted mountains and radiant water... here and nowhere else, is the vestibule between the Levant and the Tropics. -E.M. Forster describing the Gulf of Suez, 1923.
Egypt's Red Sea coast runs from the Gulf of Suez to the Sudanese border. Its mineral-rich red mountain ranges inspired the mariners of antiquity to
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Laurene_Cao
Ow, exciting place to discover. If I have a chance I will go there.
Thanks for all useful information
Laurene_Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #10

Best Harlem Fabrics

Thanks to share the informative information and the red sea of Egypt is very beautiful and very dangerous every day many people died in this horizontal red sea and every day many people see the beautiful see.
http://www.welcometoharlemhiddentreasures.com

Best African Fabrics
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #11

Harlem Jewelry

Thanks to share your nice informative information about the red sea in this forum site I am very glad I got that kind of information in this forum site and the red sea of Egypt is very famous I need more advice about it and best place to stay near red sea.

Best African fabrics, Harlem Mud cloth , Cotton African fabrics, wholesale quilting fabrics silks, Kente cloth, Batik, Woven, Lace, Yara African Fabrics
Best African fabrics, Harlem Mud cloth , Cotton African fabrics, wholesale quilting fabrics silks, Kente cloth, Batik, Woven, Lace, Yara African Fabrics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg African%20fabric%20black%20and%20white%20(238).jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cott28-256-thumb.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif harlem logo.gif (2.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jewelry.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)