ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #1

3-day stay in Montreal

Hello,

I'll be going to Montreal for three days in October. I have a few questions if you please:
- What is the best and least expensive way of traveling from Toronto to Montreal (I live in London, by the way, which is close to Toronto)? I checked the air fare and I was considering taking the train, what do you think?

- Any suggestions for hotels near the University Street in Montreal?

- Any suggestions for day care near the same region? I'll be traveling with my 6-year-old.

Thank you in advance

thenotebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #2

What is the best and least expensive way of traveling from Toronto to Montreal
Definitely take the train. Flying out of Toronto Pearson kind of sucks, so you'll likely want to minimize that. And ViaRail is pretty comfortable and generally on time.

> Any suggestions for hotels near the University Street in Montreal?
University Street? Do you mean near McGill? Are you visiting the university, or are you seeking to be in the university neighborhood?
When I was there this summer, I spent 3 nights at the Rene Levesque on... Rene Levesque. It was very close to the Plateau area (university neighborhood) and not that bad (although uphill) to McGill, and both required a short walk through the remnants of the red light district, but it was extremely well-located and, at about CA$65 for a pretty nice room with free wired internet and a private bathroom, I couldn't find anything better.

jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #3

I think you can find more information at tourisme-montreal.org or ville.montreal.qc.ca/english .

Thanks
noahethan is offline   Reply With Quote