ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2001, 03:20 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to zedebsky
I was flying out of BNA on November 21 nonstop to ISP and noticed the armed military personnel standing by the security checkpoints. Earlier that week I read that a couple had taken a picture of themselves and had happened to capture one of the guards in the background. Their camera was seized and the guards edited out of the final prints. Apparently, they frown upon being photographed. I had to give it a try. The pictures are dark because I didn't want to risk using the flash. You can find them at http://www.peterhavey.com/bna One of the airport security people walked by me as my camera was beeping after a shot. He stopped and asked if I was taking pictures. I told him I wasn't and that the camera was beeping because the batteries were low. That seemed to satisfy him and he walked on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zedebsky on 2001-11-28 03:21 ]</font>

zedebsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 03:20 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to zedebsky
I was flying out of BNA on November 21 nonstop to ISP and noticed the armed military personnel standing by the security checkpoints. Earlier that week I read that a couple had taken a picture of themselves and had happened to capture one of the guards in the background. Their camera was seized and the guards edited out of the final prints. Apparently, they frown upon being photographed. I had to give it a try. The pictures are dark because I didn't want to risk using the flash. You can find them at http://www.peterhavey.com/bna One of the airport security people walked by me as my camera was beeping after a shot. He stopped and asked if I was taking pictures. I told him I wasn't and that the camera was beeping because the batteries were low. That seemed to satisfy him and he walked on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zedebsky on 2001-11-28 03:21 ]</font>

zedebsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
I've been taking pics at every airport I've been through since 11-Sep and haven't encountered any problems. Although, to be fair, I haven't focused on pics of the security checkpoints.

I did notice a "No photographs" sign in the international baggage/customs area in IAH (of which I wasn't brave enough to take a picture).
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:35 AM   #4
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
I've been taking pics at every airport I've been through since 11-Sep and haven't encountered any problems. Although, to be fair, I haven't focused on pics of the security checkpoints.

I did notice a "No photographs" sign in the international baggage/customs area in IAH (of which I wasn't brave enough to take a picture).
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:50 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to RyJones
http://www.ryjones.org/gallery/MindlessBitSpew/abf loser. [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyJones on 2001-11-29 22:51 ]</font>
RyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:50 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to RyJones
http://www.ryjones.org/gallery/MindlessBitSpew/abf loser. [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyJones on 2001-11-29 22:51 ]</font>

RyJones is offline   Reply With Quote