ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2002, 06:31 PM   #1

Good Resturaunt in Downtown San Antonio?

I hope this is the correct forum.

I might be having dinner with a client in Downtown San Antonio while on an upcoming business trip trip. I know some of the ITYT regulars are from the Austin area. If someone can suggest a good resturaunt, I would appreciate it. I prefer American, Italian or Chinese. I will consider others, however.

One other question, is the Riverwalk near downtown (I have only been to San Antonio once before and can't remember the layout)?

Thanks

businesstraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
ITYT Navigator

Yes, Riverwalk (and The Alamo, too, in an oddly unnerving way) is smack in the middle of downtown. The best Italian in town (and an excellent atmosphere for business dinners) is probably Michelino's which is right off the Riverwalk. There's also The Tower Restaurant which seems to be the standard fare for expense account dining. I've never been, myself, so I cannot personally comment, but people Whose Opinion I Trust have recommended it.

Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
ITYT Cabin Crew

I wonder if I'm a person Who's Opinion Nugget Trusts, but I happened to have lunch at the Tower Restaurant just yesterday, on Memorial Day. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

The view is of course spectecular, esp. since the restaurant revolves (30mins/rev), and food that we had (Seafood Enchilladas and the Catch of the Day) were both very good. And best of all, it's not that expensive (well, not as expensive as I thought it would be). Also, you don't have to pay the elevator fees to go up, and they will reimburse your parking fee.

You can see the dinner menu online. I just had lunch there, and it was excellent.

[ebay]AAAAA+++++++++++[/ebay]
Leto is offline   Reply With Quote