ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2004, 08:19 PM   #1

NO ONE WAS WATCHING MY GUNS!

This is a true and recent story that happened to me. I live in Alabama and was going to SEA from PNS. My normal route is PNS/CLT/SEA but I wanted to use an upgrade before year end. So I chose PNS/TPA/PHL/SEA
due to the larger First Class section and uping my chances which worked just fine. I never travel without a wepon and in this case I had two (2) 9mm's and ammo. Signed my declartion, delt with TSA, ate breakfast then boarded. FYI, all Firstl Class luggage is marked with a special "Priority" tag so they are unloaded first. Had a great flight and planned lay over in TPA....you know, go to the Club, shoe shine,etc. Weather was so great I took the tram out to go to the Marriott so I could catch some rays by the pool and smoke my Robusto. Flight to PHL was great, 2A, nice snack and wine selection. Off to the Philly Club for an hour or so (Joe is like the best club bartender in the club system). Off to SEA back in my 2A (con't). Great super, movie, all of it.

Ya'll still here? OK kewl. I get off the plane and go down to baggage claim and there is Donna waiting for me as planned (Donna drives for me
when I'm in Seattle. Belt starts and here comes one of my two priority tagged bags. Twenty minutes later, belt stops, no second bag!

Guess where my pistols where? Right! Second bag.

Ten minutes later without the help of a baggage office (USAIR does not have one in SEA- sometimes a portable counter is rolled out) Donna shouts out..."I think I see your other bag!" Yep, there it was over in a corner, in front of another airlines bag office. She walks over, unchallenged, and gets my GUNS.

Now I'm looking at some extra tags that weren't on it when I left PNS.

Bingo! My luggage, or should I say my Sig and my Keltech went to CLT then PITTSBUGH and on to SEA. MY PISTOLS BEAT ME TO SEATTLE BY AN HOUR AND A HALF......90 MINUTES THEY SAT THERE SO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO COULD WALK OFF WITH THEM.

Funny, I thought my bags were suppose to accompany me and maybe my pistols too. Guess I was wrong.... oh well.

The next day while at the Fairmont I made about six key calls. I could not find one person who showed an interest in my tale.
cvbrown is offline   Reply With Quote