ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #1

"No Shows," Using Part of A Ticket, and Voided Res

"No Shows," Using Part of A Ticket, and Voided Res

This may have been discussed here before, if so, I apologise, but I'm just trying to educate myself (and maybe others) here.

I want to go to from Philly to San Juan, and stop to see friends in Florida on the way. US Air goes through Ft. Lauderdale en route to PR with a change of planes, and a RT PHL/SJU ticket plus a one way FLL/SJU costs less than a multiple stop ticket going PHL/FLL/SJU/PHL.

So, I figure, I just won't get on the plane when it departs from Ft. Lauderdale, use the one-way ticket to get to San Juan, then use the return portion of the RT ticket to get home. BUT, now I'm being told that if I don't show up for the FLL/SJU leg, they'll CANCEL my SJU/PHL ticket! Does this make any sense? Can anyone confirm that it is in fact the case? Can the airline take away my bought-and-paid-for ticket if I simply don't use part of it?

tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to LisaM Send a message via Yahoo to LisaM
Arrow Re: "No Shows," Using Part of A Ticket, and Voided Res

hi tbird...yes it is true unfortunately. Airlines have figured out that people were using the legs like that (skipping some) and then they started this policy. I am pretty sure that most of the airlines are doing this.

LisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #3

Re: "No Shows," Using Part of A Ticket, and Voided Res

It is true. I needed to leave on a different day than I had originally planned and was just going to use the same return ticket, just not show up for the initial flight. The worst part is that Travelocity originally told me I could do this!! i learned my lesson with them!
pugzmama is offline   Reply With Quote