ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2003, 03:25 PM   #1

Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula

I'll be SEA bound on Sunday June 8th and departing to return to ORD on June 16th. This is my first trip to the northwest. I was wondering if any fellow ITYT'ers would like to share some recommended spots to visit in Seattle and the surrounding area.

Right now we'll be staying near Volunteer Park while in Seattle proper and then it's off to Port Angeles for the second half of our time out there.

Current ideas for Seattle include the Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, and Seattle Center; very touristy

Is it worth a drive up to Discovery Park or over to Alki Point? Are there areas of Seattle you've enjoyed visiting that were not so touristy?

For our stay out in Port Angeles, there will be at least one ferry ride over to Victoria and maybe a drive up to Pacific Rim NP on Vancouver Island. Are there any areas within Olympic National Park or out along the Pacific coast that you've enjoyed and can recommend to others?

Thanks

phule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 04:04 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mduell
Take the tour of the Boeing plant for their big planes! It's really really cool to see 777 and 747's being put together piece-wise.
mduell is offline   Reply With Quote

« On-time % | Nepal ! »