ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

Travel tips

what are the traveling tips should be taken out when i doing traveling.

sunooze321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunooze321 View Post
what are the traveling tips should be taken out when i doing traveling.

Lots of dumb stuff, some travelers don't even think about.

1. Stop your mail and newspapers. Lots of letters in your box, newspapers at your front door says no one home! In other words a good place to rob!

2. Before you leave home empty your trash. Old meat wrappers, garbage, left over seafood - lots of stuff will stink your house up if you go for a long time.

3. Tell neighbors you trust that you will be gone and ask them to watch your house.

4. I have a house in a rural area. I set mouse traps. I forgot to spring them when I went on a long trip. There is an old saying "I smell a rat" that was appropriate. Dead mice can stink up a whole house!

5. If you own a house and will be gone for a long time - shut off your water. A burst hose going to your washer will flood your house that won't be found until you get back. Also, if your power goes off in winter your water lines can freeze. Again flooding your house.

6. I set a timer so lights go on and off. But thieves are used to this. (Grass not cut, snow not shoveled means no one home!

Other routine stuff you can do a Google search on.

1. Going overseas best to book your hotel ahead of time for at least the first night. At least do some research for hotels in about the same area if you are arriving late. This way if you are looking for a hotel late at night you can save taxi fare if there are other places you can walk to. if the inn is full.

2. Routine stuff. Overseas trip get a passport well in time for the trip. Research visas ahead of time. Some countries you enter free some you need visas you pay for.

3. Driving somewhere in your own country have your car checked out for safety check and for general mechanical problems that might come up. Breaking down some where far from home can cost a lot of money.

4. If you are going overseas and planning on using a credit or debit card tell your bank first. When ATM withdrawals and other charges start coming from distant locations your bank may suspect fraud. Don't rely on a single card for all of your spending money. That card can become damaged, lost or even stolen. (I record the serial numbers on my $100 bills. This is so I can identify the money if police recover the stolen money later on.)

5. Overseas destinations may require round trip plane tickets to enter free. Sometimes, for some overseas trips, you might not even be allowed to board without a visa or round trip ticket.) Buying round trip is often cheaper than two one way flights. It may pay to have a definite departure date.

Have fun.

Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Lots of dumb stuff, some travelers don't even think about.

1. Stop your mail and newspapers. Lots of letters in your box, newspapers at your front door says no one home! In other words a good place to rob!

2. Before you leave home empty your trash. Old meat wrappers, garbage, left over seafood - lots of stuff will stink your house up if you go for a long time.

3. Tell neighbors you trust that you will be gone and ask them to watch your house.

4. I have a house in a rural area. I set mouse traps. I forgot to spring them when I went on a long trip. There is an old saying "I smell a rat" that was appropriate. Dead mice can stink up a whole house!

5. If you own a house and will be gone for a long time - shut off your water. A burst hose going to your washer will flood your house that won't be found until you get back. Also, if your power goes off in winter your water lines can freeze. Again flooding your house.

6. I set a timer so lights go on and off. But thieves are used to this. (Grass not cut, snow not shoveled means no one home!

1. Going overseas best to book your hotel ahead of time for at least the first night. At least do some research for hotels in about the same area if you are arriving late. This way if you are looking for a hotel late at night you can save taxi fare if there are other places you can walk to. if the inn is full.

2. Routine stuff. Overseas trip get a passport well in time for the trip. Research visas ahead of time. Some countries you enter free some you need visas you pay for.

3. Driving somewhere in your own country have your car checked out for safety check and for general mechanical problems that might come up. Breaking down some where far from home can cost a lot of money.

4. If you are going overseas and planning on using a credit or debit card tell your bank first. When ATM withdrawals and other charges start coming from distant locations your bank may suspect fraud. Don't rely on a single card for all of your spending money. That card can become damaged, lost or even stolen. (I record the serial numbers on my $100 bills. This is so I can identify the money if police recover the stolen money later on.)

5. Overseas destinations may require round trip plane tickets to enter free. Sometimes, for some overseas trips, you might not even be allowed to board without a visa or round trip ticket.) Buying round trip is often cheaper than two one way flights. It may pay to have a definite departure date.

Have fun.

Thanks for giving such a valuable information to us.
sunooze321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #4

best tip when you go to travel rent your own house for other travelers its good from security point of view and also its always good to earn a little extra cash without giving anything away. there are many websites who provide these kind of services, Red Apple Apartments is one of them you can register on their website for free upload the pictures of ur house and rent it out for the days you're away. Good Idea isn't it.
redapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #5

Hi,
The tips to know before traveling.
1.1. Research the Market
2. Plan in Advance
3. Consider & Confirm the Vehicle
4. Know the Additional costs
5. Pay in advance and enjoy huge discounts
bookcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #6

Thank you for posting such a valuable post with us. It is useful for everyone who love to travel. I bookmarked this link. Cheers to you!
plan a europe trip

Susan is offline   Reply With Quote