ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > General Travel
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #21

Hi guys

Do you consider yourself to be well-traveled? You probably haven’t been to as many different countries, states and territories as Charles Veley. According to this web site he has visited almost every place in the world – a total of 627 states, territories, countries and provinces. I’m amazed that he has somehow found the time to do this, as he’s only 42!
According to infoplease, there are 194 countries in the world today, although it depends upon your definition of a country. The 673 places are arrived at by listing not only every country, but all the US states, Canadian provinces, territories, island groups and disputed territories.
The web site lists places I have never heard of and will probably never visit – the Lesser Sunda Islands, Karnataka, Redonda and Pukapuka. Some of these places don’t even have scheduled air or boat service – and some of the places on the list I wouldn’t want to visit such as Iraq, Afghanistan and Rwanda.
The site also needs proof of visiting the country, in the form of a passport entry stamp, airline ticket or credit card receipt. So if your plane lands there but you don’t leave the airport, it doesn’t really count! Speaking of exotic and hard to come by passport stamps, Budget Travel’s web site has a slide show of some of the most unusual.
It seems as though it would take almost as much time and effort to visit every county in the United States – all 3086 of them. But apparently, there are people who do just that and call themselves the Extra Mile Club. And the club doesn’t need proof that you have been to the counties – they are prepared to take your word for it. By the way – in Louisiana, counties are known as parishes and in Alaska, they are called boroughs.

Thanks for sharing with us ...............

maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #22

Hello

I had known about this site for a while, but I went back there to update some new countries that I visited in the last couple of years, like Guatemala and Finland. World66 lets you check all the countries that you have visited (and in which you have lived). It also lets you track the States of the United States and the Provices of Canada that you have visited. It was great to find that the site has improved a lot, although Macau and Hong Kong aren't listed anymore
Here's my map as of today. I have visited 38 countries or 17% of all of them. Now I want to visit Mongolia!

Thanks

maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #23

I have visited singapore, italy and canada. But i liked Singapore the most.
liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #24

I have visited Afghanistan last year, i love mountains and sadness in the atmosphere but it was terrifying visit as well. however it was memorable.
Lancer786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #25

Europe, Australia and most countries of Asia are few tourist destinations I have visited. I covered London, Tasmania, Sydney, Singapore, Malaysia, Maldives and most tourist spots of India in last 3 years. And there I must proudly say that India is the country I loved most.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #26

I have good experience in London of two years and Now I would like to go to Dubai.
markalan0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #27

Well, Dubai, England, Kenya, China, Italy, Ireland, Australia,

jackwilliam86 is offline   Reply With Quote