ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Frequent Flyer's Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2001, 02:56 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

I have a large travel wallet that I use to hold tickets, boarding passes, my passport, and all of my affinity program cards.

Currently, I carry nine cards and can think of two programs that I don't have the card for.

Breakdown:
  • 4 airline
  • 2 car rental
  • 5 hotel

How many programs do most ITYT people belong to? I feel like I have a pretty good set of programs, although sometimes I think the number of hotel programs that I maintain are excessive since I find them to be useless anyway.

Do you carry the cards you in a wallet, or separately for use when traveling?

Cheers.

Daniel

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 02:56 AM   #2
ITYT Captain

I have a large travel wallet that I use to hold tickets, boarding passes, my passport, and all of my affinity program cards.

Currently, I carry nine cards and can think of two programs that I don't have the card for.

Breakdown:
  • 4 airline
  • 2 car rental
  • 5 hotel

How many programs do most ITYT people belong to? I feel like I have a pretty good set of programs, although sometimes I think the number of hotel programs that I maintain are excessive since I find them to be useless anyway.

Do you carry the cards you in a wallet, or separately for use when traveling?

Cheers.

Daniel

Old 10-13-2001, 03:22 AM   #3
ITYT Navigator

Currently I belong to 5 airline programs, but the ones that I end up using the most are Continental and Delta’s programs. I try to use my “Rapid Reward” with Southwest as little as possible, but sometime it seems that there is no way around flying them.

Other than that I try to stay out of hotels, they seem like a rip to me, and rental cars have never really been my thing. Also I have a Continental Chase card, which does a good job, and I apparently signed up, but have never seemed to get any miles from my Randall’s Remarkable card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tycoonjack on 2001-10-13 02:25 ]</font>
tycoonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 03:22 AM   #4
ITYT Navigator

Currently I belong to 5 airline programs, but the ones that I end up using the most are Continental and Delta’s programs. I try to use my “Rapid Reward” with Southwest as little as possible, but sometime it seems that there is no way around flying them.

Other than that I try to stay out of hotels, they seem like a rip to me, and rental cars have never really been my thing. Also I have a Continental Chase card, which does a good job, and I apparently signed up, but have never seemed to get any miles from my Randall’s Remarkable card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tycoonjack on 2001-10-13 02:25 ]</font>
Old 10-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #5
ITYT Captain

Works for me!

07/02/01 RANDALLS BONUS MILES 61 61
Old 10-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #6
ITYT Captain

Works for me!

07/02/01 RANDALLS BONUS MILES 61 61
Old 10-13-2001, 03:28 AM   #7
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
I was bored late one night and joined every single loyalty program I could find on the net. Now I've got this little deck of cards and I get a metric ton of promtional mail each month.

Not sure if it was worthwhile, but what's an insomniatic guy supposed to do?

It's interesting that you mention the travel wallet. I spent a great deal of time looking for one of these about a month back but never did find one that I liked. The smaller, unifold ones I found didn't seem like quite what I wanted -- not large enough, not wide enough to hold a passport. But the larger ones all seemed like major overkill -- zippered comparments and thick enough to swallow up my regular wallet without choking.

I want something that'll hold my cards, my passport, but still be thin. Bonus points if it's got a pocket on the outside to store my next boarding pass.

I'm sure that some of you out there can recommend a product. Any advice?

(If this were flyertalk, the moderators would swoop down from the sky and kill the thread for being off-topic)
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 03:28 AM   #8
ITYT Navigator

I was bored late one night and joined every single loyalty program I could find on the net. Now I've got this little deck of cards and I get a metric ton of promtional mail each month.

Not sure if it was worthwhile, but what's an insomniatic guy supposed to do?

It's interesting that you mention the travel wallet. I spent a great deal of time looking for one of these about a month back but never did find one that I liked. The smaller, unifold ones I found didn't seem like quite what I wanted -- not large enough, not wide enough to hold a passport. But the larger ones all seemed like major overkill -- zippered comparments and thick enough to swallow up my regular wallet without choking.

I want something that'll hold my cards, my passport, but still be thin. Bonus points if it's got a pocket on the outside to store my next boarding pass.

(If this were flyertalk, the moderators would swoop down from the sky and kill the thread for being off-topic)
Old 10-13-2001, 03:35 AM   #9
ITYT Navigator

If you were a loyal Continental customer, like dbaker, they might send you a travel wallet also.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:35 AM   #10
ITYT Navigator

If you were a loyal Continental customer, like dbaker, they might send you a travel wallet also.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:37 AM   #11
ITYT Captain

Quote:
On 2001-10-13 02:28, Nugget wrote:
Check out Continental's Prestige pack. Most of the stuff (besides the $99 companion ticket and bonus miles) will be worthless to you since you're a Gold Elite. However, it comes with a very nice "document holder" that pretty much describes what you're looking for.

It's as slim as a leather notepad, but just large enough to fit boarding passes and a passport.

The flimsy receipts and boarding passes from the e>service machines are a bit tricky to get in the holder, but there's no way around that if you want something sturdy and small.

I received mine as a gift, but it's well worth $99 (especially with all that other stuff) in my opinion.

Daniel

Old 10-13-2001, 03:37 AM   #12
ITYT Captain

Quote:
On 2001-10-13 02:28, Nugget wrote:
Check out Continental's Prestige pack. Most of the stuff (besides the $99 companion ticket and bonus miles) will be worthless to you since you're a Gold Elite. However, it comes with a very nice "document holder" that pretty much describes what you're looking for.

It's as slim as a leather notepad, but just large enough to fit boarding passes and a passport.

The flimsy receipts and boarding passes from the e>service machines are a bit tricky to get in the holder, but there's no way around that if you want something sturdy and small.

I received mine as a gift, but it's well worth $99 (especially with all that other stuff) in my opinion.

Daniel

Old 10-14-2001, 05:12 AM   #13
ITYT Navigator

Well, I stumbled across a wallet that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I happened to be at the mall this evening for an unrelated purpose and found myself next to a luggage store. A brief stroll past the counter led me to a Bosca "Zipped Flight" travel wallet which met all my criteria.

Despite being zippered, it's quite thin. Not nearly as bulky as the wallets I'd encountered when I was looking around a month back. It's got the external pocket I wanted for storing my "next" boarding pass and a reasonable number of slots to hold the affinity cards that I'm supposed to be talking about in this thread. Cheap too, it was only $65. Quite a bit less than many of the wallets I considered.

I've got it all loaded up with stuff in anticipation of my flight on Friday. Pics in the gallery.

Thanks for the prestige pack recommendation, dbaker. That's what I was planning to get before I found this thing.

So... can anyone identify the seven loyalty cards that I've already loaded up in the wallet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nugget on 2001-10-14 04:17 ]</font>
Old 10-14-2001, 05:12 AM   #14
ITYT Navigator

Well, I stumbled across a wallet that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I happened to be at the mall this evening for an unrelated purpose and found myself next to a luggage store. A brief stroll past the counter led me to a Bosca "Zipped Flight" travel wallet which met all my criteria.

Despite being zippered, it's quite thin. Not nearly as bulky as the wallets I'd encountered when I was looking around a month back. It's got the external pocket I wanted for storing my "next" boarding pass and a reasonable number of slots to hold the affinity cards that I'm supposed to be talking about in this thread. Cheap too, it was only $65. Quite a bit less than many of the wallets I considered.

I've got it all loaded up with stuff in anticipation of my flight on Friday. Pics in the gallery.

Thanks for the prestige pack recommendation, dbaker. That's what I was planning to get before I found this thing.

So... can anyone identify the seven loyalty cards that I've already loaded up in the wallet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nugget on 2001-10-14 04:17 ]</font>
Old 10-14-2001, 05:23 AM   #15
ITYT Captain

Quote:
On 2001-10-14 04:12, Nugget wrote:
  • Continental Silver Elite
  • Marriott Rewards
  • Delta Skymiles
  • Hertz #1 Club Gold
  • Starwood
  • Hilton HHonors
  • Avis Preferred

Old 10-14-2001, 05:23 AM   #16
ITYT Captain

Quote:
On 2001-10-14 04:12, Nugget wrote:
  • Continental Silver Elite
  • Marriott Rewards
  • Delta Skymiles
  • Hertz #1 Club Gold
  • Starwood
  • Hilton HHonors
  • Avis Preferred

Old 10-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #17
ITYT Navigator

For anyone that is interested, Icelandair has fares for its frequent flyers to the UK for as little as $268 roundtrip.

Oh yeah 300 posts.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #18
ITYT Navigator

For anyone that is interested, Icelandair has fares for its frequent flyers to the UK for as little as $268 roundtrip.

Oh yeah 300 posts.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:50 AM   #19

I have:
AA Mastercard
AMEX Starwood Plat
HHonors Master
Starwood Card
HH Diamond card
Marriott Plat
Holiday Inn Plat (yuck)
Avis Prefereed Select
Northwest Silver card
Continental Gold Card
Delta Gold Card
United
National
US Air
Singapore Airline

And I bought a nice travel wallet from one of the stores in St. Louis. I put my Passport in there too [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

afang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 11:50 AM   #20

I have:
AA Mastercard
AMEX Starwood Plat
HHonors Master
Starwood Card
HH Diamond card
Marriott Plat
Holiday Inn Plat (yuck)
Avis Prefereed Select
Northwest Silver card
Continental Gold Card
Delta Gold Card
United
National
US Air
Singapore Airline

And I bought a nice travel wallet from one of the stores in St. Louis. I put my Passport in there too [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
afang is offline   Reply With Quote