ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Frequent Flyer's Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #1

Angry construction at JFK

I have a real tight connection (43 min.) from an American Eagle arrival at Terminal 9 (pier D) and a AA departure to Rome from Terminal 8 (pier A or B). Used to be construction forced you outside between Term 8 and 9, which included having to go back through security. Does anyone know if it's still that way?

klinkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #2

Re: construction at JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkj
I have a real tight connection (43 min.) from an American Eagle arrival at Terminal 9 (pier D) and a AA departure to Rome from Terminal 8 (pier A or B). Used to be construction forced you outside between Term 8 and 9, which included having to go back through security. Does anyone know if it's still that way?
I don't have any secret method of avoiding the security check.

Couple of suggestions though!

When I used to fly from Boston to JFK for flights overseas, I used to get to the Boston airport real early and ask to be put on an earlier flight if possible. I would always try for an earlier flight because if my connecting flight broke down at JFK the airline "owned me" and would have to put me up in a hotel and make new flight changes. If the flight broke down in Boston I would have to go back home and start all over the next day and re-schedule everything from scratch.

If seats were not available, I asked to be put on the standby list (hoping some passenger would miss his flight or cancel, thereby making a seat available.)

AA was one of the airlines that would try to accomodate me. Delta on the other hand wanted to charge for any changes, preferring to send a plane off with empty seats!

Ask American Airlines if they run a secure bus from the plane or terminal 9 to terminal 8 and legally avoid going through another security check. Or since it's their carrier making the connecting flight to THEIR AA flight - what does AA recommend?

Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #3

Re: construction at JFK

Traveller Klinkj.

Oh yeah, check your bags through to your final destination so that you do not have to claim your bag and re-check it. You probably already did this, but the suggestion is for "just in case!"
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote