ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Frequent Flyer's Forums
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #1

which program do you suggest? (my history enclosed)

I currently "charge" (and pay in full monthly) apx 600K per year on credit cards to get miles/hotel awards. I currently use about 1/2 of my awards annually, and have balances of about 300K on each of the following:
a) American Airlines
b) Delta Airlines
c) Marriott Hotels

American seems to offer the best airline program, Delta I found to be horrendous. (I don't fly often enough to earn exclusive memberships)Marriott is pretty good, plenty of (mediocre) properties with decent availability.

Any suggestions? My biz partner likes worldpass, but they seem to always have charges associated with redemptions, or limited flights. I like Starwood properties, but don't stay often enough to get their exclusive status.

I'm looking to replace Delta and Marriott.

vpm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:15 PM   #2

Re: which program do you suggest? (my history enclosed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpm44

I'm looking to replace Delta and Marriott.
What are you looking for specifically? Do you want an airline program that has good elite benefits, or good award availability? Do you usually fly internationally or domestic?

NWgoldelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:57 PM   #3

Pelace Delta and Marriott

Thanks for the reply.
Interesting question: award availability vs. elite benefits. I had never considered them seperately. Both, of course! Seriously, award availability seems to take priority, though American offers me that now. I would consider looking at an elite benefit program. I usually fly domestic, but because my international flights are always 1rst class with a second person, the mileage redemption is closer to 50/50.
Again, what I'm specifically looking for, is a credit card program that offers the greatest benefits. (Citibank/American, Delta/AMEX, Marriott/Visa). I'd like to replace my Delta card and possibly my Marriott card.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #4

REplace Delta/Marriott

I must apologize.
After spending some additional time in the ITYT website, i realize that my post belongs in the credit card section, not in the FF section. My apologies.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:49 PM   #5

I've been extrremely happy with my Hilton Honors Credit Card. Basic same terms as Marriott, with no annual fee. With affiliated brands, availability has not been much of an issue (they have yet to say NO to me). Customer service on the card itself is also excellent.
Loonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote