ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > Travel Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2002, 08:08 PM   #1

Sleepless in the skies?

These days many air travelers are concerned about the lack of adequate space in airplane seats, as well as by the extreme stress and exhaustion that results from remaining in these for long periods of time.

I count myself among those travelers, because I also spent many endless—and sleepless—nights aboard planes on intercontinental flights. This, however, did give me a lot of time to think about a way to this problem. Over the next few years this took the form of a conceptual design for commercial aircraft passenger cabins. A design that can greatly improve the overall quality of air travel by providing every passenger with a fully reclining seat and far more freedom to move about; all this without losing aircraft passenger-capacity, or increasing airfares significantly.

This solution, and the added space that it provides to every traveler, may also help considerably in reducing the number of cases of air rage incidents and travel-related DVT, two conditions that have been linked, among other factors, to lack of mobility and to the stress caused by it.

I'd like to know what my fellow travelers think of this concept, so if you would like to take a close look at it, I invite you to log on to our new website:

www.airbornehotel.com

Have a good flight!

Carlos Martinez-Celis

SleeplessTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #2

sounds like a great idea but your website doesn't work.

how much more would it cost to get a cabin?

toddieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #3
ITYT Cabin Crew

Interesting Concept, but do u think it will actually work?
adhawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
ITYT Cabin Crew

I'd be interested in traveling in something like this. It's hard for me to get comfortabe enough to get a restful sleep on planes.
Continent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #5

I love the concept and would love to see it in place!
PadreGetaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #6

Quality comfort and relaxation is always important because these will be the number aspect that a customer rates his experience.
iancruz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #7

I hope this will help because that is my major problem during long haul flights,my feet begins to cramp. And also I lack sleep during flights because I am very uncomfortable with the size of the chair.
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #8

I feel very comfortable when traveling. The comfort comes from within also as well from out side environment. So I am pretty sure it works as well. p.s. dude, you need to take care of your website :/ Chris
chrisaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #9

sounds good

that sounds really good.i hope I can experience the same comfort as the others did.
cheska21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:50 AM   #10

Things like that is very important and need to think up when you travel. Experiences are made to feel great about yourself.
I am very comfortable by whatever means of traveling as long as I have good companion

alicia is offline   Reply With Quote