ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > AirTran Airways (FL)
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

AirTran maintenance problems, blaming Boeing/MD is a lie

Like usual, AirTran likes to "pass the buck" when it comes to problems. This was true when ValuJet execs claimed that they "outsourced safety" and true again when AirTran claimed that recent problems were not maintenance related, but design flaws or aircraft issues unrelated to the operations.

In the final NTSB reports for N826AT and N838AT which were both released in May of last year, you can see these probably cause summaries, respectively:

Quote:
the leakage of lavatory fluid from the airplane's forward lavatory onto electrical connectors, which caused shorting that led to a fire. Contributing to the accident were the inadequate servicing of the lavatory and the failure of maintenance to ensure reinstallation of the shield over the fuselage station 237 disconnect panel.
Quote:
A phase-to-phase arc in the left heat exchanger cooling fan relay, which ignited the surrounding wire insulation and other combustible materials within the electrical power center panel. Contributing to the left heat exchanger fan relay malfunction was the unauthorized repair that was not to the manufacturer's standards and the circuit breakers' failure to recognize an arc-fault.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:19 PM   #2

Is That All You've Got?

...old news about two minor incidents that have already been discussed at length on another thread of this AirTran section of the board many months ago, nothing new there. You were part of that original discussion then, why rehash yesterday's old insignificant news.

I'll tell you exactly why: because you have nothing else so you're getting desperate and grasping at straws. Watch out though, two can play at the ole "rehash" game and I'm here to repost old positive news tit-for-tat

haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:48 PM   #3

EXACTLY!!!!!! All I have to say is WHY? Havent we discussed this old news on DC-9 aircraft that we dont even fly anymore. We have 76 all new B717's with more on the way and then the ever proven 737 to be here in June. So Baker looks like you are trying to promote some action on your dying web site. Well please go somewhere else and do it. Leave AirTran alone unless you have good news of course. Jetmech
jetmech717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:48 AM   #4

I hear ya Haze and jetmech. My sentiments exactly. He is just a child trying to survive in a mans world. The funny thing is he is loosing the battle and doesn't even realize it.
B717mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
ITYT Captain

You guys do realize that the NTSB takes a couple years to release final reports, right? I rely on them and other reliable sources for my data, rather than just making it up myself. Accordingly, I can't yet discuss the cause of you burning your newest DC-9/717 (yet).
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:00 PM   #6

You do not listen very well do you Baker? We have never had a 717 burn up or burn period! Please go back and read through all the threads that went down months ago. When you get you facts straight then feel free to talk to us about it.

jetmech717 is offline   Reply With Quote