ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > AirTran Airways (FL)
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
ITYT Cabin Crew

Send a message via MSN to Doko Deska Send a message via Yahoo to Doko Deska
Exclamation IAM to AirTran Crew Members - Unite!

The IAM wants to add AirTran's Ramp, Gate, and Reservationist to their Brotherhood / Sisterhood! This happens once every four years, or so. Around every Presidential election cycle, and so far, AirTrash has been able to dodge the bullet. Million Dollar Joe gets to keep his bonus.

Will AirTran's crew members succeed, or will AirTrash Management continue to disrespect the ramp? Go to www.airtrancrewmember.com for more details.

Doko Deska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #2

Not exactly with the presidential election cycles. The first one was in 2000, but then again in early 2002. The next one (which was the last time around) was in 2005.

The first two times there were enough reservations agents to make a difference in the numbers, and the last time the Teamsters were the ones trying, and I think they just came on too strong, and didn't really understand the issues quite right.

I think this time there are enough airport folks verses reservations that things might just go differently.

FLAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
ITYT Cabin Crew

Send a message via MSN to Doko Deska Send a message via Yahoo to Doko Deska
I hope you're right..

Well, not QUITE, but close enough for govmt. work..

The fact of the matter is, as long as AirTrash keeps up it's status quo, there will be suiters to represent them in front of management.

I guess disrespect saves AirTran millions of $$$, and is its competitive advantage! No wonder it made $$$ last quarter! It robbed from the poor and gave to the rich!

That's AirTran's montra.. keep everything status quo, so that AirTran can stay competitive and flexible.
Doko Deska is offline   Reply With Quote