ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > General Travel Topics > General Travel > News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

Airline passenger cited for remark about drinking

Airline passenger cited for remark about drinking

Quote:
Steven M. Wiese, 33, of Cottage Grove, was accused of leaning into the cockpit and remarking to the pilot, "I hope you haven't been drinking," Krembs said.
Stupid on all parts...

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #2

I can't believe that someone could be cited for a comment like that. Why would a pilot take offense to that instead of just laughing it off and assuring the passenger that they will have a safe flight?

USAtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:17 AM   #3

Geez, I guess I'm must be very lucky.

Fact:
On the 764 out of Hawaii, seat 4D is reserved for the pilot to come back and relax during flight crew rotation on those long flights.

Story:
I was in 4K (just across the aisle) and, when the wine bottle came around, I pointed to the pilot in 4D and very destinctly said "No booze for him." He laughed but I realize now how lucky I am I didn't get myself kicked out right over the Pacific.

Gimme a break.
merchanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:31 AM   #4
ITYT Captain

I think your story is a bit different from the one described. Leaning into the cockpit and making an implication is very different than a joke to a flight attendant about a crew member resting in biz class. Just in my opinion, of course.

I boarded a Continental 737-900 recently and, as usaul, peeked in the cockpit upon boarding. I was surprised to see that nobody was in there, so I took a "long" (maybe four or five second) scan of everything to take it all in before turning around to head to my seat. As I turned around, the captain was standing directly behind me. I moved out of the way and just said, "I'll let you squeeze by here" before I headed to my seat. When I sat down, the captain had turned around in his seat and was staring at me. He continued to watch me for several minutes before exiting the aircraft for five minutes. I thought that I was going to be booted off the plane. Ultimately, he got back on and the rest of the flight was without incident except the ugly landing in IAH.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote