ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2002, 10:35 AM   #1

Are you sticking with CO?

with all of the whining going on about the B/F upgrade policy and the elimination of the off-peak rewards, I was wondering who was going to stick with CO?

If so, have you used them much this year?

CameraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:35 AM   #2

Are you sticking with CO?

with all of the whining going on about the B/F upgrade policy and the elimination of the off-peak rewards, I was wondering who was going to stick with CO?

If so, have you used them much this year?

Old 01-31-2002, 10:35 AM   #3

My Answers:

YES

A little, 15 Segments/11,000 status miles.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:35 AM   #4

My Answers:

YES

A little, 15 Segments/11,000 status miles.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #5
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
Yes, my loyalty to Continental is undeterred by both the HoKeY fare issue as well as the off-peak rewards issues. I'm bitterly disappointed by the way that Continental has chosen to deal with both issues and their handling of the fallout. I still think, however, that despite the changes (especially the 1-Apr half-step back on the HoKeY issue) CO's OnePass program and their service in general is the best in the industry.

If I didn't care, it wouldn't upset me as much as it has -- I'd have just silently moved over to AA.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #6
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
Yes, my loyalty to Continental is undeterred by both the HoKeY fare issue as well as the off-peak rewards issues. I'm bitterly disappointed by the way that Continental has chosen to deal with both issues and their handling of the fallout. I still think, however, that despite the changes (especially the 1-Apr half-step back on the HoKeY issue) CO's OnePass program and their service in general is the best in the industry.

If I didn't care, it wouldn't upset me as much as it has -- I'd have just silently moved over to AA.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:15 PM   #7

Well, I moved to NW and HP a long time ago. I have had only 1 RT on CO in the past two years.
nwelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:15 PM   #8

Well, I moved to NW and HP a long time ago. I have had only 1 RT on CO in the past two years.
nwelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 05:46 PM   #9
ITYT Captain

I don't fly CO internationally enough to care about HoKeY and I have enough miles (redeemed 200k last year alone) that I don't care about off peak rewards.

That said, I don't trust Gordon as much anymore.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 05:46 PM   #10
ITYT Captain

I don't fly CO internationally enough to care about HoKeY and I have enough miles (redeemed 200k last year alone) that I don't care about off peak rewards.

That said, I don't trust Gordon as much anymore.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #11

I agree 100% that Gordon cannot be trusted. He could tell me the sky is blue and I would still verify the information.

I am dying to run into him at the airport. He needs to have passengers tell him that the Pizza still tastes good, but does not taste nearly as good as it did 2 years ago!

If I flew international, I would have left CO years ago. The 30 Day rule was bad enough, that anyone left complaining about the YHK fare rule must love punishment.

As far as the off-peak rewards, CO has only had them for a couple of years. It was an added benefit to bring them in line with the NW program.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #12

I agree 100% that Gordon cannot be trusted. He could tell me the sky is blue and I would still verify the information.

I am dying to run into him at the airport. He needs to have passengers tell him that the Pizza still tastes good, but does not taste nearly as good as it did 2 years ago!

If I flew international, I would have left CO years ago. The 30 Day rule was bad enough, that anyone left complaining about the YHK fare rule must love punishment.

As far as the off-peak rewards, CO has only had them for a couple of years. It was an added benefit to bring them in line with the NW program.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #13
ITYT Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGuy
I'm just hoping to run into him at home like tycoonjack.

Quote:
But doesn't NW still have them? I have to admit, it was nice and I felt like I was getting a good deal. A mere 20,000 miles for a round-trip anywhere in the US? It somehow "feels" a lot less than 25,000.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #14
ITYT Captain

Quote:
I'm just hoping to run into him at home like tycoonjack.

Quote:
But doesn't NW still have them? I have to admit, it was nice and I felt like I was getting a good deal. A mere 20,000 miles for a round-trip anywhere in the US? It somehow "feels" a lot less than 25,000.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:20 PM   #15

I don't follow the NW program, but I think that they buried that reduction about the time they announced no blackouts. I may be wrong, it has happened a couple of times.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:20 PM   #16

I don't follow the NW program, but I think that they buried that reduction about the time they announced no blackouts. I may be wrong, it has happened a couple of times.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #17
ITYT Cabin Crew

Staying with CO

Yes, I'll admit it, while I am less than thrilled with CO's new ENHANCEMENTS regarding upgrades on international routes I'm staying with CO. Part of the reason is EWR is my home airport (and CO's wide variety of flights) but mostly it is due to the fact that I've had very very good luck with EUA domestic upgrades (100%) as well as with international flights--where I'm also at 100%. I must admit though, that last weekend I booked a EWR-LGW trip on US, using a compliementary SWU for travel in April. Gee it was great getting a cheap rate, and a confirmed upgrade at the same time--2 months in advance!! But then again I'll only be traveling in Envoy not BF, so I'm not sure of the full advantage.
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #18
ITYT Cabin Crew

Staying with CO

Yes, I'll admit it, while I am less than thrilled with CO's new ENHANCEMENTS regarding upgrades on international routes I'm staying with CO. Part of the reason is EWR is my home airport (and CO's wide variety of flights) but mostly it is due to the fact that I've had very very good luck with EUA domestic upgrades (100%) as well as with international flights--where I'm also at 100%. I must admit though, that last weekend I booked a EWR-LGW trip on US, using a compliementary SWU for travel in April. Gee it was great getting a cheap rate, and a confirmed upgrade at the same time--2 months in advance!! But then again I'll only be traveling in Envoy not BF, so I'm not sure of the full advantage.
mauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to anthonyanthony Send a message via AIM to anthonyanthony
Staying with CO

My sentiments agree with most of yours.

While I'm very disappointed with the recent changes in OnePass that make it very very expensive and difficult to upgrade an International ticket, I still love riding in First Class for free when traveling domestically. And as a Platinum, that is a reality with nearly every trip. And CO employees are, in my experience, usually a happy smiling bunch.

For those who travel mostly domestically, CO is still the best choice out there despite its many short-comings.

For those who travel mostly Internationally, CO is not the best choice. I am planning to try and achieve elite in either American or United while maintaining elite on CO. I figure that way I can get the best of both worlds. AA would be my first choice for an international airline: upgrade from any fare, MRTC, and if you don't use your upgrades you can cash them in for the the equivalent of triple points from your trip. AA miles are also a most valuable FF currency since AA has the highest availability of award trips. (Don't get me started on Continental's nearly NIL availability of rewards). United is a second choice...but will probably what I go with since they have the better network to Asia.

Yep, I'm staying with CO domestically.
anthonyanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #20

Send a message via ICQ to anthonyanthony Send a message via AIM to anthonyanthony
Staying with CO

My sentiments agree with most of yours.

While I'm very disappointed with the recent changes in OnePass that make it very very expensive and difficult to upgrade an International ticket, I still love riding in First Class for free when traveling domestically. And as a Platinum, that is a reality with nearly every trip. And CO employees are, in my experience, usually a happy smiling bunch.

For those who travel mostly domestically, CO is still the best choice out there despite its many short-comings.

For those who travel mostly Internationally, CO is not the best choice. I am planning to try and achieve elite in either American or United while maintaining elite on CO. I figure that way I can get the best of both worlds. AA would be my first choice for an international airline: upgrade from any fare, MRTC, and if you don't use your upgrades you can cash them in for the the equivalent of triple points from your trip. AA miles are also a most valuable FF currency since AA has the highest availability of award trips. (Don't get me started on Continental's nearly NIL availability of rewards). United is a second choice...but will probably what I go with since they have the better network to Asia.

Yep, I'm staying with CO domestically.

anthonyanthony is offline   Reply With Quote