ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2001, 01:02 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

CO1724 IAH-AUS serviced via bus

(Those of you that think MD80s are bad will really enjoy this)

So, my sweetheart is “flying” ATL-IAH-AUS this evening. ATL-IAH arrived on time, but IAH-AUS was not nearly as smooth. After being delayed for three hours for mechanical problems (in fifteen minute intervals, of course), the gate agent announced that a bus would service the route.

That’s right, the flight was supposed to arrive around 7:30pm CT in AUS, but it’s now 10:30pm CT and the non-continental-branded bus has just left IAH with a driver that is soliciting passengers for directions to AUS.

I refuse to believe that there wasn’t another aircraft at IAH for them to service this route. It’s unacceptable to me that this last-resort was used at IAH and, additionally, that something was only done after delaying the flight for three hours.

Unbelievable. Has anyone seen them give up on a route like this before and just put everyone on a bus?

I think that they should arrive around 1am, but CO is claiming 1:30am. When bussing into AUS, where do passengers deplane (or debus as the case is)?

[Note: This post is pre-ITYT content and has been predated in the database to reflect the actual time that it was written.]

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 01:02 AM   #2
ITYT Captain

CO1724 IAH-AUS serviced via bus

(Those of you that think MD80s are bad will really enjoy this)

So, my sweetheart is “flying” ATL-IAH-AUS this evening. ATL-IAH arrived on time, but IAH-AUS was not nearly as smooth. After being delayed for three hours for mechanical problems (in fifteen minute intervals, of course), the gate agent announced that a bus would service the route.

That’s right, the flight was supposed to arrive around 7:30pm CT in AUS, but it’s now 10:30pm CT and the non-continental-branded bus has just left IAH with a driver that is soliciting passengers for directions to AUS.

I refuse to believe that there wasn’t another aircraft at IAH for them to service this route. It’s unacceptable to me that this last-resort was used at IAH and, additionally, that something was only done after delaying the flight for three hours.

Unbelievable. Has anyone seen them give up on a route like this before and just put everyone on a bus?

I think that they should arrive around 1am, but CO is claiming 1:30am. When bussing into AUS, where do passengers deplane (or debus as the case is)?

[Note: This post is pre-ITYT content and has been predated in the database to reflect the actual time that it was written.]
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Almost there... »