ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2003, 02:48 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

Earn full Elite miles at continental.com

Earn full Elite miles at continental.com

Quote:
You can continue to earn 100% Elite mileage and full segments/points for Q, S, T and L Economy Class fares (or equivalent fare classes) for travel on Continental Airlines, Continental Express and Continental Connection flights by booking your tickets at continental.com for flights between January 1 and December 31, 2004.

When it comes to travel planning, continental.com provides all the tools you need in one convenient location: book your flight, hotel and car rental reservations, view your complete OnePass account details, make reward travel reservations, and so much more.

Take advantage of this special offer -- get next year's Elite qualification off to a flying start.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
ITYT Cabin Crew

Yes, Virginia, But...

Currently, they will only show the trips/fares they want to show, even when searching by "schedule"....

So, to piggyback on posts of others in this forum, how to influence them to change to show the whole "smash" -- so we can make informed buying decisions? --Linda

Optimist1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #3
ITYT Cabin Crew

Earn full Elite miles at...

Regarding the earlier post in this thread...

By saying CO, CO Express, etc.... should "earn full mileage or segments in 2004 if booked at Continental.com"

Does that also include full credit for NWA flights with CO flight numbers booked under the code-sharing agreements? --Linda
Old 02-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #4
ITYT Cabin Crew

Another CO question...

These questions are in regard to a Gold Elite... I am looking for a fairly short-term fare CLE-BWI.
Current stuff [whether 7 or 14 days] is pretty much X-class which means 100% elite mileage credit, & possibly 50% mileage bonus, although I'm not sure I'm reading the charts correctly. My questions:

Can Elites get upgraded on these X flights given seats are available?
And, how can I better use the CO site to show me the H,K,N,B,V and U fares for future mileage benefits? [If they even exist on these short hauls]?

Or maybe better asked this way: why are B fares more available on seemingly longer flights only?

Finally, if I call the phone reservations folks instead of using the web site, can I forget completely about any Elite mileage bonuses?

TIA to any/all responders. --Linda
Old 03-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
dez

Send a message via ICQ to dez
linda, any NW flight with a co flight number counts.

the only fares that get 50% elite bonuses (that i know of) are full fare first class, y and h fares.

that being said, ALL fares can get upgraded, but the people with a higher fare will be ahead of you in the queue for upgrades.

so if you and i are gold and: i have a y fare and you have a T fare, with only one upgrade spot out 3 days in advance at midnight, i'm going to get it.

does that help?
matt
dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
dez

Send a message via ICQ to dez
ps, X class seems to be the 2nd lowest fare they offer , next to L class.

so if you dont purchase this fare on the www not only do you not get a bonus, you only get 1/2 of your elite miles, and zero elite pts.
dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:26 AM   #7
ITYT Cabin Crew

Well.... sorta...

But the changes are rough all around...
for the airlines, for us who travel, for the shareholders, and. and....

I surely don't see things changing anytime soon; do any of you who read this forum? What good news do you have?
Old 03-18-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
ITYT Captain

If you book online, there's no problem. I haven't really experienced any changes in service or onepass this year.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote