ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2003, 04:41 PM   #1

FC upgrades #2

If I purchase a ticket in H, is there a chance that another silver elite flyer with a ticket in Q gets an upgrade if he/she checks in earlier than I? I happen to get upgraded when I purchase tickets in lower fares. This makes very little sense in light of current upgrade pilicies... Any ideas?

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
ITYT Captain

It's sort of a free for all when it comes to the day of departure and gate upgrades.

But as far as 3h EUA and getting EUAed in the nights before your flight, your H fare will be consider before any lower fare classes that any other silver elite on your flight has booked.

p.s. welcome to ITYT

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:06 AM   #3
dez

Send a message via ICQ to dez
about the free for all

howdy. new to this forum and i've got a question:

when you say its sort of a free for all what do ya mean by that? i'm gold elite and assume when i sign in @ the elec. ticket counter that it goes in order of elite tier, and then inside the tier by order of when you check in.

eg if i sign in at 7am but another gold signs in at 6:45 he/she gets the upgrade.

is this not correct?

thx

dez
dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:16 AM   #4
ITYT Captain

Like I said, it's kind of a free for all. There are all sorts of variables that come into play. Operational upgrades, missed flights, 3 hour EUA, upgrades upon checkin, gate agent upgrades, agents at the presidents club, etc.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:50 PM   #5

What do you mean a free for all? Usually on the day of departure (at least in my experience) they put everyone on a stand-by list based on status and fare purchased, then clear it at the gate.

What usually happends to you?
NWgoldelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:06 PM   #6

dbaker, help me out here. There's something in the "free for all" rule that I don't get. You posted some time ago an upgrade procedure at the gate revenue pax all the way down to non-elite upgrade certificates (plus according to the fare purchased within the same elite level.) If everybody gets on the upgrade list, which is cleared right before boarding, what does it matter if I check in early? A gold elite should always come up higher at the upgrade list ahead of silver no matter what time they check in, right? My understanding is that IF there are two gold CO elites on the upgrade list AND they both bought a ticket in Q AND there is only one seat left in FC, THEN, the one who checked in earlier flies up front. Is that right?

747 is offline   Reply With Quote