ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
Pleasing letter received from CO

Yesterday I got a nice letter from CO apologizing for the difficulties I had on last week's RDU trip. (flight left an hour late and I missed my connection at IAH)

Quote:
Dear Mr. McNett:

You are a valued Platinum elite member of our OnePass program and we strive to meet your travel needs each and every time you fly with us. When we don't, we take it very seriously. That is why I am sorry if you were inconvenienced while travelling with us between Raleigh/Durham and Houston on September 17, 2002.

We work hard every day to ensure that all Continental Airlines flights depart and arrive on time. We regret that you were invonvenienced and want you to know that we always strive to provide you with quality and service you expect and deserv aboard all Continental Airlines flights.

We apologize for what happened and we have deposited 1,500 OnePass bonus miles into your OnePass account. Consider it our commitment to you that we will continue working to bring you an excellent travel experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines.
(any typos are mine, not theirs)

Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:30 PM   #2
ITYT Captain

Did you complain, or was this automatic?

Pretty neat, either way. Would be great to have the understanding that they're committed to you being on-time, or an apology and compensation is in order.

I haven't received anything like this lately, but I haven't had a flight delayed for non-weather reasons in maybe a year or two (and I've flown almost a couple hundred segments in that time).

I wonder if it's just to Platinums, or Elites, or what the deal is.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:34 PM   #3
ITYT Navigator

Send a message via AIM to Nugget
No, I didn't complain at all. It was my homeward-bound trip and missing my IAH->AUS flight was no big deal since they run them pretty much hourly this time of year. It was an annoyance, but certainly not enough of one to have complained.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote