ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2002, 01:31 AM   #1
ITYT Cabin Crew

"Premium" seat selection

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm Platinum Elite and for some reason I can't change my seat selection on eso from generic "steerage" seating to any of the blue-colored Premium seats. Yes, I realize I can call the elite line and have them change it, but I'm more curious about what enables an elite to have access to those seats. In all of my past reservations I have been able to change seats without a problem.

Is there some tag, or something in the reservation that controls this feature?

I'm still waiting back from an email I sent to the oh-so-responsive CO IT people.

tallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:31 AM   #2
ITYT Cabin Crew

"Premium" seat selection

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm Platinum Elite and for some reason I can't change my seat selection on eso from generic "steerage" seating to any of the blue-colored Premium seats. Yes, I realize I can call the elite line and have them change it, but I'm more curious about what enables an elite to have access to those seats. In all of my past reservations I have been able to change seats without a problem.

Is there some tag, or something in the reservation that controls this feature?

I'm still waiting back from an email I sent to the oh-so-responsive CO IT people.

Old 03-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #3

I have never been able to obtain the "Elite" Seats from the web site.

When I click on one of them the site tells me I need to be elite to get that seat.

Never bothered to contact the IT people, I am not a big fan of intentionally irritating myself.
CameraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #4

I have never been able to obtain the "Elite" Seats from the web site.

When I click on one of them the site tells me I need to be elite to get that seat.

Never bothered to contact the IT people, I am not a big fan of intentionally irritating myself.
CameraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:04 PM   #5
ITYT Captain

Have you been able to do it on Expedia and such in the past? I think that I've only used continental.com to change my seat in first class once I've been EUAed, but I specifically remember being able to get "Elite Seats" with the Expedia seat selector.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:04 PM   #6
ITYT Captain

Have you been able to do it on Expedia and such in the past? I think that I've only used continental.com to change my seat in first class once I've been EUAed, but I specifically remember being able to get "Elite Seats" with the Expedia seat selector.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:06 PM   #7
ITYT Cabin Crew

I actually haven't purchased tickets on Expedia and other sites before, just eso. I distinctly remember my Christmas trip back east, I was changing seats almost every day

I know that in the past, more often than not, I have been missing that line in my PNR that says

*PAX IS PLAT ELITE PLS EXTEND ALL COURTESIES*

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 03-18-2002, 10:06 PM   #8
ITYT Cabin Crew

I actually haven't purchased tickets on Expedia and other sites before, just eso. I distinctly remember my Christmas trip back east, I was changing seats almost every day

I know that in the past, more often than not, I have been missing that line in my PNR that says

*PAX IS PLAT ELITE PLS EXTEND ALL COURTESIES*

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 03-18-2002, 10:47 PM   #9
ITYT Captain

It sounds like your Onepass number isn't included when you're making your reservations.

Are you sure that it's in your continental.com profile and that the name in your profile exactly matches your onepass account?

I'm not sure if the latter affects seating and such, but I know that it affects EUAs.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:47 PM   #10
ITYT Captain

It sounds like your Onepass number isn't included when you're making your reservations.

Are you sure that it's in your continental.com profile and that the name in your profile exactly matches your onepass account?

I'm not sure if the latter affects seating and such, but I know that it affects EUAs.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:38 PM   #11

Hi,

I've never had a problem requesting the blue elite seat on the CO website. In the profile section of the reservation process are you remembering to specify your (elite) frequent flyer number ?

The only funky thing I've seen about the website's seat selection is after EUA have upgraded me to First. The itinerary still says couch and my old coach seat number. But if I click the coach seat to change it, the First Class seat map appears showing me in my new seat. I've even been able to change the 1st Class seat assignment.

Also...My "profiles" section says I've listed aisle as my preferred seat. My biggest priority is "no bulkhead" even if it means the window, but this option isn't a question the the "profile". Well you guessed it... EUA always gives me bulkhead window. 80% of the time I can change EUA's assignment to a non-bulkhead aisle. I'm not complaining...it is a free upgrade...but it is a nuisance
steve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:38 PM   #12

Hi,

I've never had a problem requesting the blue elite seat on the CO website. In the profile section of the reservation process are you remembering to specify your (elite) frequent flyer number ?

The only funky thing I've seen about the website's seat selection is after EUA have upgraded me to First. The itinerary still says couch and my old coach seat number. But if I click the coach seat to change it, the First Class seat map appears showing me in my new seat. I've even been able to change the 1st Class seat assignment.

Also...My "profiles" section says I've listed aisle as my preferred seat. My biggest priority is "no bulkhead" even if it means the window, but this option isn't a question the the "profile". Well you guessed it... EUA always gives me bulkhead window. 80% of the time I can change EUA's assignment to a non-bulkhead aisle. I'm not complaining...it is a free upgrade...but it is a nuisance
steve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:24 AM   #13
bw

tallie, I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had over 10 calls with Continental including supervisors and several emails. I got several people to admit that there was a problem. Noboby could figure it out though.

I looked at the source for the itinerary pages and compared against an itinerary I had that did allow me to select "premium" seats and found the following missing from the "bad" itineraries: "EliteExists=|-1|". Even after emailing that info to CO, nobody could help me out.

I called CO and switched my itineraries from my OnePass number to my WorldPerks number. I then removed my OnePass number from my Profile at Continental and then readded it. I then called Continental and had them put my OnePass number back in. After that, I was able to select premium seats, and the "EliteExists=|-1|" was now in the source of the page.

Hope that helps...
bw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:24 AM   #14
bw

tallie, I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had over 10 calls with Continental including supervisors and several emails. I got several people to admit that there was a problem. Noboby could figure it out though.

I looked at the source for the itinerary pages and compared against an itinerary I had that did allow me to select "premium" seats and found the following missing from the "bad" itineraries: "EliteExists=|-1|". Even after emailing that info to CO, nobody could help me out.

I called CO and switched my itineraries from my OnePass number to my WorldPerks number. I then removed my OnePass number from my Profile at Continental and then readded it. I then called Continental and had them put my OnePass number back in. After that, I was able to select premium seats, and the "EliteExists=|-1|" was now in the source of the page.

Hope that helps...

bw is offline   Reply With Quote