ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2002, 02:32 PM   #1
ITYT Captain

Stopover on domestic portion of Int'l BF Reward

Is a stopover allowed on the domestic portion of an Int'l BF reward? I'd like to fly AUS-IAH-EWR-HKG-EWR-AUS or AUS-EWR-HKG-EWR-AUS, but the problem is that the EWR-HKG leg leaves too early in the morning to get there from AUS (directly or via IAH). EWR-HKG leaves at 12:15pm and the first flight into EWR via AUS arrives at 12:43pm.

Returning is not a problem. HKG-EWR arrives at 3:15pm and there's a 6:55pm EWR-AUS nonstop.

Would it be allowed to have an overnight stopover in either IAH or EWR on the outbound?

If not, I'd just buy a separate ticket AUS-IAH and spend the night there before the flight, but having it on the same PNR and confirmed in F and everything would be preferred and could potentially save me a lot of grief should I encounter any service interruptions.

Another option would be to take the AUS-IAH-EWR red-eye that arrives EWR at 1:11am, but that seems to be the least attractive idea.

Also, any experience trying to get a BF reward on the EWR-HKG-EWR flights? I've yet to find availability. CO's system wants me to fly AUS-IAH-HNL-GUM-HKG, which is just not going to happen. The IAH-HNL flight is fun, but that's a bit too long (25.2h) of a trip for me, not to mention that I want to fly the flights, CO98/99.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:31 AM   #2

OK for stopover on reward

Quoting from my last statement.

"One free stopover allowed along the most direct route on all Continental Airlines rewards listed above (excluding flying within North America for Standard Rewards, and all YPASS and AllPass rewards."

So since you are doing international, and you are not taking a reward upgrade, you should be fine.
Jon Toner is offline   Reply With Quote