ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > Continental Airlines (CO)
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2002, 01:36 AM   #1
ITYT Captain

Travel on 10/3 -- Hurricane Lili

Continental Airlines | Hurricane Lili

Quote:
At this time, some Continental cities are experiencing delays or cancellations due to the approach of Hurricane Lili.

Operational updates will be listed on the Today's Operations page as needed. If you are planning to travel this week, please take advantage of Flight Paging and stay informed in the event of any flight changes.

If you are transporting an animal or dropping off an unaccompanied minor who have a connecting flight through Houston/ George Bush, TX (IAH), please contact Continental for assistance.

Also, Continental does provide the option to reschedule or reroute your travel if you are ticketed to/from/through one of these cities on/before October 8, 2002: Cancun MX (CUN); Cozumel MX (CZM); Grand Cayman KY (GCM); Merida MX (MID); Alexandria, LA (AEX); Baton Rouge, LA (BTR); Beaumont/ Pt. Arthur, TX (BPT); Gulfport/ Biloxi, MS (GPT); Houston/ George Bush, TX (IAH); Jackson, MS (JAN); Lafayette, LA (LFT); Lake Charles, LA (LCH); Mobile, AL (MOB); Monroe, LA (MLU); New Orleans, LA (MSY) and Shreveport, LA (SHV).

For assistance with changing your travel plans in the U.S. and Canada call 1-800-525-0280 or see our Worldwide Reservation Numbers for reservations offices in other countries.
Visit the above page for a list of flight cancellations among other frequent updates.

dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:40 AM   #2
ITYT Captain

One of my flights was listed as cancelled. I'm hoping that it's not because of weather en route, but because the aircraft is stranded in MSY or something. It wouldn't be a good sign if it wasn't possible to route around the weather. Or maybe they have to just cancel some flights that are routinely going to be routed back and forth around the weather and this is an attempt to not let things get too out of line.

I was automatically booked on a later flight out of IAH. I called reservations and was greeted by name after entering my Onepass number. The agent booked me on a later flight out of LAX to better match up with the later flight out of IAH. Of course, confirmed in first class (booked in A class) all the way.

Travel safely.
dbaker is offline   Reply With Quote