|08-28-2009, 06:41 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hue, My Son or Hoi An
I'm planning to fly over to spend about 1 week in Ho Chi Minh City. I hope you can help me make some decisions. I like to see some historical sites, buildings, museums, centres, etc. My planned time is a bit short - planning to fly off this Sunday. I'm thinking of 3 days in Ho Chi Minh City and maybe 4 days in Hue, etc.
1) From Ho Chi Minh City to Hue, I'm thinking of taking Jetstar (cheaper travel). Anybody with good or bad experiences, compared with Vietnam airlines (more expensive)?
2) In terms of historical highlights, which is more worth it to visit - Hue, My Son or Hoi An ?
3) What's the recommended way to travel to My Son or Hoi An and is a day trip doable ? Of course I don't expect to see everything.
4) Any particular safety precautions for a single, lone traveller in these parts ? Assuming I use my common sense and avoid pubs at night, will I be safe?
5) Appreciate recommendations of good, clean, safe hotels - if there are safe deposit boxes - that will be perfect.
6) Any good local tours I can book in Hue and Ho Chi Minh City - or better to go round on my own ? Appreciate any suggestions.
Many thanks in advance!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|