|12-04-2008, 02:34 AM||#1|
Travel guide in Spain this Christmas
EIBTM is the leading exhibition for the conference, incentives, events, business travel and meetings industry, held in the fantastic Mediterranean city of Barcelona. Our aims are simple...to promote the best business-to-business exhibition floor, supported by the best networking and best professional education, underpinned by an expanded and global Hosted Buyer Programme.
Dates: December 2-4, 2008
Venue: Fira Gran Via City, Country: Barcelona, Spain
• December 8 - Inmaculada. Christmas starts here. Biggest in Seville.
• December 13 - El Dia de Santa Lucia, patron saint of the blind, who sing Christmas carols in the streets. Most popular in Las Palmas.
• December 21 - Hogueras in Granada & Jaen.
• Last Thursday Before Christmas Eve - 'Noche Vieja Universitaria' (University New Year's Eve) in Salamanca.
• December 22 - El Gordo, the massive Spanish lottery, is drawn. This lottery is so big, they start selling tickets in August! Read more on Christmas Lottery in Spain - 'El Gordo'.
• December 24 - Christmas Eve (Nochebuena), a far bigger event than Christmas Day. Expect most shops to close early on the 24th and remain closed until the morning of the 26th.
• December 25 - Christmas Day - a quiet day, with most shops closed, though many bars open in the afternoon.
• December 28 - Santos Inocentes, Spain's version of April Fools' Day.
• December 31 - New Year's Eve (Nochevieja).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|