ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > AirTran Airways (FL)
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2004, 02:52 AM   #1

Airtran Questions?

Hello All,

I will be having an interview soon at AirTran over in ALT soon for their Engineering department and am doing some research so many some people can help. I am currently at a struggeling legacy carrier and want to move on.

Whats is like working at AirTran? Do they treat you good? How's safety? Any comments about the Engineering department? ANything I should be aware of? I am new to Airtran and there is a lot of conflicting info out there and I need the record set straight.

Thanks

brister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #2

Working at Airtran is great, we have alot of good people here. As far as saftey goes, it is top notch, I think it is one of the safest airlines out here.
Most of the conflicting info you here about is comming from people that have no clue as to how the daily operations go. I think you will enjoy working here, so good luck with the interview

717Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 AM   #3

Brister

Interviewing for Engineering, eh?

Good for you. Our Engineering department has some good growth potential, and is swamped with work so getting additional qualified people on board would be excellent. They have lots of work involving Trax, our M&E system. If you get skilled in Trax, on top of your engineering knowledge, I would be surprised if you couldn't write your own ticket up the ladder. Trax is the cream of the crop, and everyone is buying/looking to buy. The mechanics in here might grumble a bit about it but it's certainly better than CMS was.

There are some excellent people in Engineering that I work with on a daily basis.... Perhaps I can add you to the list. Good luck with the interview.

AC
AnonymousCoward is offline   Reply With Quote