ITYT Travel Forums  

Go Back   ITYT Travel Forums > Travel Companies & Programs > Airlines & Frequent Flier Programs > AirTran Airways (FL)
Click Here to Login

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2003, 04:41 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1
Rudder system

Does anyone know what is the difference of the rudder system (vertical tail) in each aircraft (as such Boeing, Airbus and Concorde)? I am happy if you leave a massage to share your suggestion .

neversky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Atlanta Hartsfield Int. Airport
Posts: 170
Mr. Neversky,
The Vertical tail (stabalizer) on any A/C does not necessarily mean you are talking about the rudder system. While each manufacturer will have different designs to mount the vertical stab to the A/C they pretty much use forged castings that would bolt or pin the stab to the A/C (keep in mind these are big pins or bolts). As for the rudder systems they are then attached to the vertical stab and as before they may have a different design but the concept is the same. Hydraulic pressure is used to move actuators to move the rudder position left or right with cables being used as a backup. Now this is on large A/C, the smaller ones may use just cables or even electric motors. Hope that helps alittle.
jetmech717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0