ITYT Travel Forums

ITYT Travel Forums (https://www.ityt.com/forums/)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.ityt.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Slovakia - Bratislava (https://www.ityt.com/forums/f23/slovakia-bratislava-6162.html)

toscanafoto 12-03-2013 06:39 PM

Slovakia - Bratislava

I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Slovakia

To see my photo gallery click on the link below

Slovensko - a set on Flickr

I visited: Bratislava

To visit the old town ( Stare Mesto ) is necessary only one day ( 2 days if you choose to visit some museum or a maximum of 3 days if you choose to visit the suburbs and parks ); Bratislava I think overall is a nice city for tourism and the prices are very cheap. Do not miss the view of the city from UFO Observation Deck !

I want to point out the major tourist attractions :
---------------------------------------------------
- SNP Novy Most UFO or New Bridge ( is a bridge over the Danube with Panoramic Observatory at 95 meters in height shaped UFO )
- Castle of Bratislava ( Bratislavsky Hrad ) also viewpoint
- Slovak Radio Building ( SlovenskY Rozhlas ) in the shape of inverted pyramid
- Tower / Gate of St. Michael ( Michalska Brana )
- Palace Grassalkovich ( Grasalkovicov Palac ) is the residence of the President
- Slavin o Slavín ( is a memorial monument and cemetery ) also viewpoint
- Hlavne Namestie ( is the most beautiful square in the old town )
- Namestie Slobody and Fountain Druzba ( is the ugliest square of city created in pure Soviet Style )
- Castle Devin
- Mausoleum Chatama Sofera or Old Jewish Cemetery
- Synagogue
- Old Town Hall ( Stara Radnica )
- Primate's Palace
- Palace Apponyi
- Slovak National Theatre in the square Hviezdoslavovo Namestie
- New building of the Slovak National Theatre
- Post Office building ( interior ) in the square Namestie SNP
- House of the Good Shepherd
- Apollo Bridge - Stary Most or Old Bridge
- Ondrej Nepela Arena
- Kamzik TV Tower
- Blue Church of St. Elizabeth ( Kostol Svatej Alzbety ) - Cathedral of St. Martin ( Dom Svateho Martina ) - Jesuit Church ( Juzuitsky kostol ) - Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary - Church of St. John of Matha and St. Felix of Valois ( Kostol Svateho Jana z Mathy or Kostol Trinitarov ) - Church Clarissine ( Kostol Klarisiek ) - Church and Franciscan Monastery ( Kostol Zvestovania Pana ) - Church of Capuchin
- Botanical Garden - Park Horsky - Park Sad Janka Krala - Medical Garden
- Museum of the Czechoslovak Fortification - Museum of Transportation - Slovak National Museum - Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum - Museum of Jewish Culture - Museum of Viticulture - National Gallery - Museum Johann Nepomuk Hummel - Museum of Pharmacy - City Museum - Museum of Natural History - Museum Arthur Fleischmann - Clock Museum - Period Rooms Museum - Police Museum - Archaeological Museum

Some of the many statues : Soldier Cumil - Napoleonic Soldier - Baron of Munchausen - Girl with apple and the man who looks at his watch - Paparazzi - H.C. Andersen - Mocker - Schone or Schoner Naci - Guard in Sentry Box